I'm back brewing after 12 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMBUCA

Reaction score
Here's my chilling system in reverse. I'm pumping water (room temp) from my carboy through the wort chiller using hot water that heats the water to 125 degrees as it enters the kettle.

dogandbeer006.jpg

After sparge water is heated to 170 I drain to the keg (hot liquor tank)
dogandbeer010.jpg

I then use co2 to pump sparge water to lauter the mash.
dogandbeer011.jpg

dogandbeer019.jpg

I've used the system several times but this is the first in 12 years. It works perfectly and saves alot of space.

I'm made a Pale Ale. A divorce had something to do with it....but I held onto all my equipment because I knew this day would come again.

I have a new wife :D so I moved from an apartment to a house and had to convert my old system from propane to electric.

Nice little setup you got there. Compact and effective. I've been looking at doing something similar with some heat exchangers I have laying about. Thinking a flash boiler might be easier though (just copper pipe or a radiator of some kind + flame, rather than the water-water transfer).

Back