Mash Monitoring Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reustonium

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my first version of my Mash Monitoring software. It has been written in DAQFactory for use with a Labjack U3-HV which I will be using to monitor/control a HERMS brewing rig.

The upper left shows the mashtun with both temperature sensors (diode zenners). I also display the temperature discrepancy as well as the average of the two sensors which serves as the Mash Temperature.

Below that I have the control for the page which includes starting (re-starting) the data stream, enabling data logging (csv), starting the mash timer, setting the Mash temperature, and monitoring the remaining mash time.

The graph to the right shows the historical data for the mash as well as a linear gauge on the right which gives a visual indication when the mash temperature is outside of the desired range.

This is just a test version which will be incorporated into the more encompassing HERMS control software.

Thanks

I'd be happy to supply the software files, but you will need a few important items on your end.

• DAQ Hardware (e.g. Labjack, NI Card, etc)
  • DAQFactory Software
  • Proper configuration between the two

Let me finish up some more work on this today, and I'll post the beta version on here.

Back