Got beersmith to work in darwine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakins

Reaction score
Today, I got Beersmith to run under darwine. It was much trial and error, so not sure if I can recreate easily. It seems like everything works (including printing). Will try to get some steps I took posted later today.

General procedures.
-Install Xquartz: Releases – XQuartz – Trac
-Install darwine unstable: Darwine builds for OS X
-Install ie4osx: ies4osx
-Copy the ie4osx wine root to your normal root:
cd $HOME
mv .wine .wine.bak
rsync -av $HOME/Desktop/Internet\ Explorer\ 6.0.app/Contents/Resources .wine
-download beersmith
-install beersmith
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine /path/to/installer.exe

you may have to tweak this path if darwine is not installed there.
-run it
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/BeerSmith/BeerSmith.exe

I had a strange issue where beersmith would start but not do anything. I installed it in a clean drive_c, and then rsynd'd the install onto the other one and it worked then
cd $HOME
mv .wine .wine.bak
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine /path/to/installer.exe
make sure it runs
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/BeerSmith/BeerSmith.exe
then
mv .wine .wine.xxx
mv .wine.bak .wine
rsync .wine.xxx/drive_c/Program\ Files/BeerSmith .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/BeerSmith

<sarcasm>
Man, I wouldn't want to have to go through all of that just to run a program! I think I will stick to Linux </sarcasm> hehehe!

wine is a WINdows Emulator that runs, in various forms, under various versions of unix/linux, including Mac OS/X.

Back