My brew cart in progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrlisk

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the progress i made today. I do primarily extract brews (and will be for the next year or so, all grain is in the plans once my brewhaus is built in the barn).

Basically wanted something to hold the pump (it's a chugger, but it's not installed yet), CFC and random bits and pieces i need while brewing. It will also hold the post-boil brew kettle up a bit higher than the propane burner. I'll be adding an outdoor watertight box and GFCI outlet to wire up the pump with a switch...

5341459382_414b7943e7_z.jpg

Also a pic of the inside of the kettle. After a miserable failure using a standard pickup tube with a stainless steel scrubber, i decided it was time to upgrade.
5340848991_b6382afc62_z.jpg

For those who can't see the pics:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlisk/sets/72157625662588257/with/5341459382/

They don't show up for you? They're hosted on the galleries here...hmm

Some more progress. Wired up a GFCI box with a switch for the pump. Also added a handy hook for the spoon.

5342668769_f83bb721a5_z.jpg

nice lookin little brew rig.

that particle board is going to swell up like a sponge as soon as it gets wet, you may want to seal it somehow.

I like your setup, very simple and clean. Since you have the GFCI right there, have you thought about going electric?

How's the hop stopper been for you? Do you use loose pellet hops in the kettle? I'm considering something like that for the inside of my kettle...

@brewmonk: yea i've been trying to think about a different top for it. I just scrapped a pine desk that might do the trick.

@EricT: The ultimate plan is to go electric. I've started putting together a project to do it, but the hold up right now is getting 220V service out to the brewhaus (here's the thread). The GFCI is there right now for the pump.

***crossposting from the other thread, here's a pic with the pump:
5367414022_6ff6395360.jpg

@Burgs: I haven't actually gotten a chance to use it. I did a lot of reading about it before buying and it seems to me it works really well. I intend on using mostly pellet hops, and a lot of people going that route get (or make) a hop stopper (or whirlpool). I'll let you know when I finally get another brew day.

Back