MLT Tube Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Lines

Reaction score
So between my sisters giftcard to AHS and SWMBO's dads giftcard to Lowes i finally made my MLT today. I got the braided nylon tubing for the inside piece going to the false bottom. Any issues with this? Especially cause it will be under heat for a decent period of time.

IMAG0288.jpg

Might want to hose clamp it, but you should be fine. If you want to know for sure, microwave that ***** in some water and taste it.

cool thanks. I bought some hose clamps with it but wasn't sure if i wanted to put them on. harder to clean. And the little bit that seeps through, i figure, wouldn't really make much of a difference. Am I off here? Am I just being lazy?

It is a bit harder to clean when you add more spots to collect and hide grime. You are correct.

You probably aren't going to worry about extra wort leaking in to the hose so much as air leaking in near the end of your draining. That will compromise your siphon and leave behind extra loss in your mlt. Not a big deal.

Latest posts

Back