Kegerator and Brown Ale Shower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaotica

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased a 2 keg deluxe refrigerator conversion kit from Midwest Supplies and it took about an hour to install.

Here's the kit: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/kegging/kegging-systems/homebrew-deluxe-2-tap-system.html

I started by measuring the center points for the holes and drilling a pilot hole all the way thru with a 1/8" bit. That let me use the step bit from both sides, which leaves nice clean deburred holes.

Here is the Step Bit I used to drill the 7/8" hole in the fridge. The holes where so smooth and tight I had to thread the shanks thru, couldn't just push them thru.
a533a723.jpg

I used a 7/8 spade to drill holes in a spare piece of pine.
3a20ad9a.jpg

After that just hook stuff up (clean and sanitize first of course)
d45e3e09.jpg

59f8ae10.jpg

I'm using a Kenmore freezerless fridge, which is awesome for this. I have some yeast in there and an Irish Red cold crashing, and SWMBO gets two shelves and three door racks.

I have a drip tray but might not use it. Have to pass between fridge and car everyday, could see the tray snagging clothes or scratching arms.

DIY Note: Be sure to tighten the beer line to the shank before use, or it's possible it will drip, and then when you wiggle it to tighten, it might burst a leak and spray Brown Ale (for example) 10 feet across your garage, causing you to reach thru they spray and fumble with valves to turn off the CO2 pressure. This may result in beer getting in you eyes, nose, ear, and hair... So don't do that.

45min after clean up, I was rockin draft beer.

[...]
DIY Note: Be sure to tighten the beer line to the shank before use, or it's possible it will drip, and then when you wiggle it to tighten, it might burst a leak and spray Brown Ale (for example) 10 feet across your garage, causing you to reach thru they spray and fumble with valves to turn off the CO2 pressure. This may result in beer getting in you eyes, nose, ear, and hair... So don't do that.

45min after clean up, I was rockin draft beer.

Good advise! :D

In any case, congrats on your build. You will definitely enjoy it!

Cheers!

Back