Keezer build prelim.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
So this is how my keezer sits right now.........
3294920250_55f189ca3e.jpg

It is a major PITA to load and unload kegs, I have to slide out the keezer remove the tap handles fold the box down and than lift the lid which is heavy with the all the tile. My retro is going to add about 2 feet on each side to make it more like a bar......
keezer.jpg

I am going to have the lid split down the middle mounted on drawer slides with a undetermined friction reducer on the table legs. The box will stay mounted to one side or the other with the tile staggered to break up the break in the grout.( I am not that good in sketchup to do that yet LOL) I am also going to skin the outside with wood and add some other doodads along the line of jester.......
keezeropen.jpg

Thoughts, ideas, or major structural issues Im missing?:tank:

do you have a drip tray?

how is it going to seal? are you removing the top of the freezer and replacing it with this?
why not secure it all together and put some side hinges on the thing? or, depending on how the top currently opens (if it already has rear hinges), just turn it 90* if aesthetically fitting.

if no drip tray, the center line split will possibly allow beer to work its way under the tile and between the tile and whatever you have your tile mounted to. This will also leave the top of the freezer pretty nasty if not cleaned regularly. Set the break offcenter to avoid this, if possible.

do you have a drip tray?

how is it going to seal? are you removing the top of the freezer and replacing it with this?
why not secure it all together and put some side hinges on the thing? or, depending on how the top currently opens (if it already has rear hinges), just turn it 90* if aesthetically fitting.

if no drip tray, the center line split will possibly allow beer to work its way under the tile and between the tile and whatever you have your tile mounted to. This will also leave the top of the freezer pretty nasty if not cleaned regularly. Set the break offcenter to avoid this, if possible.

There will be 1.5 inches of tile plywood foam and shower liner between air and the cold area i will still use the red bull drip tray in the first pic but a stainless drip tray is definitly feasible with a portion of tile removed.

sadly it doesnt look good side ways i tried
this is how the top opens now
3294095649_11048b57b0_m.jpg

The beer lines to the taps will probably reduce how far you can slide your proposed lid off and may be annoying if they catch on items in the keezer.

The beer lines to the taps will probably reduce how far you can slide your proposed lid off and may be annoying if they catch on items in the keezer.
I have thought about this and will make a final determination when i run them right now they are coiled up and hung on the back wall along with a 3 way manifold its pretty clean quite a bit of room even when i have three kegs in it
keep um coming guys!!:mug:

Hey I noticed that you have the same thermostat as me. I am starting my build next week, where did you run the line into the freezer?

Hey I noticed that you have the same thermostat as me. I am starting my build next week, where did you run the line into the freezer?
i snaked it in at the back between the lid and the body of the freezer i cut a slit in the lid and taped the line to the body so it isnt squished and than i have a white lab vial full of water ziptied to the co2 stand

Latest posts

Back