Keezer Build 5.0 GE fridge with wine chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlajr2483

Reaction score
Ok so here is my build its a 5.0 GE fridge with a 16 bottle wine chiller and a wine glass holder to be built above. I'm going for 2 5 gallon Kegs with a tower and a 5lb co2 tank. The collar was a 1x6 but it was too high so I went with a 1x4 instead and the heighth. Let me know what you guys think -Jose

framing.jpg

bar build.jpg

bar 3.jpg

This is my very rough sketch on google sketch up program of what I want the finished product to be. I havent picked the wood so any suggestions are welcome.

bar cad.jpg

Got some Maple wood today. 3 sheets at 50 $ each was 150 total. Starting to come together and look like something!

bar 6.jpg

nailed in the maple to make a box on the right side where the 16 bottle wine fridge will go and a hanging stem rack for my wine glasses will hang above.

tn.jpg

Yes gonna leave back open.Heat from the wine fridge and freezer would be too much to enclose.I haven't seen anyone else do a design with a wine glass holder or chiller in it so hopefully if turns out like I want it.

This is almost exactly what I've been wanting to do! Your sketchup drawing might be exactly what I need to convince SWMBO that its a good idea! I know where to buy all the parts, but does anyone know where I might be able to buy some woodworking skills? lol

Yeah the wine fridge and glass holder is how she said ok for putting in the living room. She wasn't thrilled with the idea but as soon as I mentioned wine she said go for it!

Did a little more work today on the front and side panels. Currently working on the right side to make a little cabinet door for my wine opener and foil cutter. I still have some molding and corner pieces to pick out before I start working on the top.

pic 7.jpg

pic 8.jpg

Guys so I'm trying to attach the top wooden lid which is 1/2 inch maple wood that extends 5 ft across. My question is would liquid nails be sufficient enough just on the fridge part to be stable enough to handle the weight of the wood on just half of the freezer lid where it will be glued. If you look at the picture 2 posts previously you can see where the wood overhangs to the right so nothing there to attach to. Any suggestions anyone? My main goal is to keep the top free of bolts and have a clean surface!

I think that alot depends on what you are doing with the top. Are you just staining it and calling it good? Are you tiling the top? I assume you are triming out the front and sides with some kind of moulding to hide the gap. Why not just block on the corners on the cabinet to support the extra load of the overhang? It should be hidden by the trim when closed and it would certainly prevent warping over time, even though plywood is more resistant to warping than board stock. I guess, my questions would be....what exactly are you going for? I don't like the idea of liquid nails, because if your freezer goes bad, it's a gonna be a b*tch to get the top off of the lid of the freezer. I bolted from underneath up through t-nuts on the top, but if you are just staining the top, that wouldn't work.

I plan on just staining it and having the tower on top. No tiling or anything. yeah I didnt even think about if the fridge goes bad then I would have to redo another top piece! I'll post some pictures on Thursday when I work on the trim and stain. Then I'll figure out the top

So I'm done with all the wood working all that is left to do is run plumbing some electrical for my lighting and attach wine glass holder. Going to stain in in the morning and hopefully have it up and running in 3 days! I'm really happy with the results so far and I've never seen anyone do one quite like this as far as a dual zone bar with beer and wine! Definitely pleases the wifey!

bar 10.jpg

bar 11.jpg

I'm using a gel stain oil based called Java. I'm staining maple so to even it out I first applied a 50/50 combo of sealer and denatured alcohol. I am about to do the second coat sand then in the morning apply the polyurethane finish.

Killer Boots Man.

so is the whole top going to pivot up when you need to change out kegs, or does the keezer roll out from the back ?

-=Jason=-

Its going to hinge open from the back. I just finished the final sealant coat. I attached the wine rack ran some led lighting to illuminate the stemware and painted the interior where the wine fridge will be black. It gives a good contrast to all of the stain. I'm headed to pick up my kegs now! tomorrow this thing is going to be finished , well it better be because I already invited all my friends for football bbq and beer!

I'll post better quality pictures later. This bar has exceeded my expectations and for a first time wood worker I think it came out awesome! My wife loves it and my friends cant stop looking at it! Truly a thing of beauty. Total cost with everything including free labor from me was 1800, thats with the purchase of kegs

currently have sam adams winter lager and octoberfest. I was suppose to pick up red trolley but the delivery didnt come this weekend. I got these beer because I have a bbq and football with lots of friends so hoping we finish one of the 5 gallon kegs so I can get some craft beer locally in San Diego.
The next step fo rme is to homebrew but that is something I'm not quite ready for!

I've got a few questions from people asking how I attached the top so heres some pics, I used 5 inch machine bolts 4 of them going through the tower holes down thru the freezer top with a piece of thin metal to distribute weight across giving it more balance. Since the top is only made of 1/2 inch wood its enough to bear the load just fine.

DSCN0575.jpg

The next step fo rme is to homebrew but that is something I'm not quite ready for![/QUOTE]

That's just crazy talk! :drunk: With a keezer that nice, you need to be dispensing your own beer. :mug:

I have to agree with Hoppopotomus on this. So a gorgeous piece, and it's being wasted on serving someone else's brew. You gotta get to brewing for sure. If you can make something as nice as that, you can definitely brew your own beer. Even if it is just extract it's still your own. :mug:

It's a crown moulding made for ceilings and a base board moulding on top that lays flat. I'm not sure the exact names but I have spare unstained pieces I can snap photos if you want.

Latest posts

Back