Joaquin Phoenix Retires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you think he's so awesome, you should buy his albums (i guess he's getting into music)

that way we never have to see him on the screen again...whining...

He was great in Gladiator. His character was just whiny, so that is how he played it.

I guess if he's made enough money to retire, maybe he'll finally go and fix that cleft palate of his.

hulk-smash.jpg

For a second I got this confused with his brother, River Phoenix.....you can see why I was confused....

Did they have a sister named San? You know, San, Joaquin, River? ha ha ha, Dang it another central cal joke blown. **dodges tomatoes and cabbage as he sinks slowly into the Sunset**

I thought Joaquin was an excellent actor. I liked his performances in Clay Pigeons, The Village, We Own The Night, Walk The Line, and To Die For. Man first Heath Ledger and now this guy leaves the screen. If Christian Bale stops acting, I might never watch another new movie. Unless it has naked boobies...:D

yeah, but heath ledger did a bunch of crap and then DIED. at least he will live on forerver as the joker. no one could have done it better, and i wasn't much of a fan before that.

this guy is quitting cuz he knows he'll never be as big as ledger and he's too much of a pussie to kill himself.

i don't think anyone could do the dark knight as well as christian bale, either. of course, i've liked a lot of his movies. not my favorite character, but a good actor and he picks roles that really work for him. plus, he's a badass. he would kick joaquin phoenix's ass in a heartbeat.

EDIT: can someone name a really good movie he was in besides gladiator? i have yet to see one. mostly i hate him for walk the line. he destroyed johnny cash forever and now everyone sings his damn songs at karaoke with phoenix on the brain. ugh.

yeah, but heath ledger did a bunch of crap and then DIED. at least he will live on forerver as the joker. no one could have done it better, and i wasn't much of a fan before that.

this guy is quitting cuz he knows he'll never be as big as ledger and he's too much of a pussie to kill himself.

i don't think anyone could do the dark knight as well as christian bale, either. of course, i've liked a lot of his movies. not my favorite character, but a good actor and he picks roles that really work for him. plus, he's a badass. he would kick joaquin phoenix's ass in a heartbeat.

I've heard that Joaquin hates the celebrity side of the business. Maybe he is taking a lesson from Heath. He has one or two movies still in production too. Maybe his finest work is about to come out and he wants to leave on that. It could also be total sh!te and he wants to vanish before it comes out...

EDIT: can someone name a really good movie he was in besides gladiator? i have yet to see one. mostly i hate him for walk the line. he destroyed johnny cash forever and now everyone sings his damn songs at karaoke with phoenix on the brain. ugh.

Do they even allow Johnny Cash to be played in Oakland? ;)

who wouldn't hate that celebrity crap, always in the spotlight (oh yeah, egomaniacs...)

speaking of whiney little pussies, since when did leonardo dicaprio become such a tough guy? i saw blood diamond not too long ago, and of course gangs of new york.

what's he gonna be now? a 90 lb boxer?

who wouldn't hate that celebrity crap, always in the spotlight (oh yeah, egomaniacs...)

speaking of whiney little pussies, since when did leonardo dicaprio become such a tough guy? i saw blood diamond not too long ago, and of course gangs of new york.

what's he gonna be now? a 90 lb boxer?

+1 on all that. LD is totally incapable of convincing me he is tough. What a joke...

Hate to say it, but he wasn't the one that turned Johnny Cash into a druggie. That'd be Johnny Cash.

I think the emphasis was on "worthless". (Or maybe on the *****.) So far I've refused to watch the movie 'cos I like Cash.

I'm with DeathBrewer. I didn't like anything he was in, including Gladiator. Russell Crowe is awesome, but Juaquin wrecks that flick. Good riddance.

Back