I hate the Ducks. Go Stanford...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komocabo

Reaction score
I have never seen a #3 team play so horribly to go scoreless and make a grown man cry on the field.

Let the excuses begin.

Cheers

Just for the record, I said that before he got hurt. I hope he's alright.

Right? That was disappointing... Wait, WTF is happening right now

Whew. I can breathe now. That...was...interesting. I would hate to be the team that the Ducks play next week...

That will be interesting... The Beavs play AZ next weekend too. Good games coming up.

Cheers! :mug:

Sure, a duck is a pretty dumb mascot, but it's pure genius compared to having a tree for a mascot.

Seriously? A tree? What the hell is wrong with you, Stanford?

Not the official mascot of Stanford they are the Cardinals, the tree is for the band as I understand.

Yep every time they play a team with even a remotely physical defense they lose. They just aren't meant to be...

Not the official mascot of Stanford they are the Cardinals, the tree is for the band as I understand.

h9F147CA6

It's Cardinal, singular, and it's a reference to the color, not the bird. Also, like all things Stanford, it sucks. If my daughter gets into school there somebody remind me to edit this post. :)

Edit: I'm a public school fan (Cal, UCLA) and I'm sick of Stanford screwing a pac 12 out of the national championship game every year. Don't lose to Utah then beat OR. Just screws it up for everybody.

My daughter just graduated from Stanford last year. First class campus, educational opportunity , not to mention their sports teams. GO CARDINAL.

It's Cardinal, singular, and it's a reference to the color, not the bird. Also, like all things Stanford, it sucks. If my daughter gets into school there somebody remind me to edit this post. :)

Edit: I'm a public school fan (Cal, UCLA) and I'm sick of Stanford screwing a pac 12 out of the national championship game every year. Don't lose to Utah then beat OR. Just screws it up for everybody.

Yea sorry for confusing some people and pluralizing it.

jbaysurfer said:
It's Cardinal, singular, and it's a reference to the color, not the bird. Also, like all things Stanford, it sucks. If my daughter gets into school there somebody remind me to edit this post. :) Edit: I'm a public school fan (Cal, UCLA) and I'm sick of Stanford screwing a pac 12 out of the national championship game every year. Don't lose to Utah then beat OR. Just screws it up for everybody.
BTW- Stanford is a part of the PAC12. In fact, they've pretty much dominated it for the last several years. Beating Oregon back to back is just too enjoyable!!

govner1 said:
BTW- Stanford is a part of the PAC12. In fact, they've pretty much dominated it for the last several years. Beating Oregon back to back is just too enjoyable!!

Oregon has won the conference three of the last four years. Explain how that makes Stanford dominant? I thought Stanford people were smart.

Wow...I know I was a public school graduate, but how you got the idea that I didn't know which conference Stanford screws over every year...er.... is in, is beyond me.

Wow...I know I was a public school graduate, but how you got the idea that I didn't know which conference Stanford screws over every year...er.... is in, is beyond me.
How are they screwing over the conference by winning?! I'm glad the PAC 12 has such a good team to represent them not only in big games nationwide but frequently in bowl games - that they win! BTW I went to public schools as well. That has nothing to do with it.

How are they screwing over the conference by winning?! I'm glad the PAC 12 has such a good team to represent them not only in big games nationwide but frequently in bowl games - that they win! BTW I went to public schools as well. That has nothing to do with it.

Oregon goes to the National Championship if they beat Stanford. They haven't the last two years. And because Stanford loses to other teams, they don't go to the National Championship.

Ergo, Stanford screws the PAC-12 out of going to the National Championship...

Oregon goes to the National Championship if they beat Stanford. They haven't the last two years. And because Stanford loses to other teams, they don't go to the National Championship.

Maybe if Oregon could win.....

Its not like Oregon represents in the big game anyways. I like seeing Os fans crushed and hopping off the season earlier in the year then listening to the drivel till Dec.

Its not like Oregon represents in the big game anyways. I like seeing Os fans crushed and hopping off the season earlier in the year then listening to the drivel till Dec.

pffft like the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl twice. Oh and that lost in the NC game by three points was not "representing"?

UW went 0-12 recently and has lost to Oregon 10 straight years. You don't get to talk about teams' representing in big games because you guys don't play in any, ever.

pffft like the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl twice. Oh and that lost in the NC game by three points was not "representing"?

UW went 0-12 recently and has lost to Oregon 10 straight years. You don't get to talk about teams' representing in big games because you guys don't play in any, ever.

Washington did something last year that Oregon hasn't been able to do the last two years. ;)

UO is a soft team that won't ever win the big one becuase they aren't mentally there. Not able to rebound from being punched in the mouth. Still a little brother always have been always will be.

Punity said:
UO is a soft team that won't ever win the big one becuase they aren't mentally there. Not able to rebound from being punched in the mouth. Still a little brother always have been always will be.

Maybe look up how many wins in a row they have on average after a loss. It's probably close 10. A number of wins your team hasn't sniffed in years. LOL. Were even alive when the Huskies won a shared championship? You know, the main reason why the BCS was created so team could play a championship game. How many championship games have you played? Oh zero? Well at least at don't have to put on purple to support your team... oh wait.

motobrewer said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh SNAP!!!

I don't get you. You don't like college football and your Bears haven't done **** since sweetness. Plus you're a fan who lives nowhere near there. Maybe the NFL thread is confusing you? Maybe you still breast feed?(that would actually be pretty cool) titties!

I tried to be abundantly clear. I think the reality is that us public school kids just don't speak the same language as these private school types. Since I got to the metaphor first (and no offense to Yooper here...) I'm pretty sure we're the ones from Mars. :mug:

You guys wouldn't know **** if it hit you in the face

How are ya hoppy? Auburn(my team and my ONLY TEAM I don't do pro sports or any other sport for that matter) barely had a physical defense and beat em a couple years back. You kno good and well alabama(and I hate their very existence) would beat the total shiz out of Oregon. Gotta get to that game though first hoppy, sorry.

Maybe look up how many wins in a row they have on average after a loss. It's probably close 10. A number of wins your team hasn't sniffed in years. LOL. Were even alive when the Huskies won a shared championship? You know, the main reason why the BCS was created so team could play a championship game. How many championship games have you played? Oh zero? Well at least at don't have to put on purple to support your team... oh wait.

Yes I was. And at least you can always look back and relieve the glory days of your rose bowl win 2years ago almost 100 after the first.

At that pace youll have to enjoy that one cause I'm pretty sure we will all be dead by the time they win the next.

I work in Eugene and I think it's amusing how the fans are so gun-ho all year round, touting how awesome they are, etc. Then, one loss and they say that they hate this guy, or that guy and that they've given up on the team. I'm a beaver fan, and I do have more practice watching my team lose (ouch), but at least I don't throw in the towel (even losing week 1 to EWU). I think the ducks are just poor losers.

In any event, Go Utah (they will get slaughtered today though), Go Stanford, and most of all, GO BEAVS!

@Hopdaze, I will say that the OU cheerleaders are smokin' hot, but I still hope your team loses every game :drunk:

Back