Guinea Pigs: Offensive to all 5 Senses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker36

Reaction score
I ****ing hate Guinea Pigs. They stink, they make obnoxious noises, their hair is coarse, are unattractive, and I can't imagine them tasting all that good.

Are they worse than Zombie Hamsters?

zombie_hamsters7.jpg

Stupid creatures can actually make for pretty entertaining pets, guinea pigs included. SWMBO had one that traveled with for most of her college career and then some (6+ years). The dumb, blank facial expression and squeaks were good for many a laugh. It was actually very well behaved, too, and would lay on her lap while she studied. I would say it slots right between rabbits and hampsters in intelligence.

I was in peru in January. Its not super common but they did have them to eat. I never had an oppurtunity to eat one but i regret it now.

They're great pets, and I can't wait to get another one. You just have to get to know one - they take a little more work than a dog or something like that, but they're worth it. I was heartbroken when my Pumpkin died, and I'd have one over a dog any day.

He's on the back of my Home Brew Talk t-shirt that I wore to NHBC. We named a Kolsch after him.

i would totally eat a hampster/ferret! although i think it would take quite a few to get me full... like a family

that's great what you had with your Pumpkin, but IMO dogs will always beat rodents. you can teach a guinea pig how to get you a beer!

Dude - HWMOs.

And after the explosive dog diarrhea thread, no one is going to change my mind about dogs ;) I grew up with them too, but guinea pigs are absolutely precious and amazing.

(BTW, it doesn't bother me that people eat them or any domestic animal. I have a rabbit that I absolutely adore and I would have no problem eating rabbit - just not this one ;)

This may sound sadistic but has anyone thought about going to a pet store and asking the worker "how many guinea pigs do you have?" Then when they respond ask if you can buy them all so you can eat them. Or ask if they clean them for eating. Disclaimer---------------no i wouldnt really do this.

This may sound sadistic but has anyone thought about going to a pet store and asking the worker "how many guinea pigs do you have?" Then when they respond ask if you can buy them all so you can eat them. Or ask if they clean them for eating. Disclaimer---------------no i wouldnt really do this.

Nope, never considered it. :cross:

I have a friend who used to have them. He thought they were great pets, but I could never see it. I would eat one in a heartbeat. They look tasty.

He's also got some kind of nocturnal weasel critters that sleep in a bag. Can't remember the name, but they are strange little guys. Kind of like a flying squirrel.

I would totally eat a guinea pig if it were cooked for me. Not too sure I could do the dirty work though, I kinda like the little guys.

He's also got some kind of nocturnal weasel critters that sleep in a bag. Can't remember the name, but they are strange little guys. Kind of like a flying squirrel.

Those would be sugar gliders. If it were legal to own them in this state I would probably have a few.

I ****ing hate Guinea Pigs. They stink, they make obnoxious noises, their hair is coarse, are unattractive, and I can't imagine them tasting all that good.

I know, that's why I married a good Irish girl instead. zing!:D

I would own ferrets over a cat any day, you just have to ferret proof your house. They can be quite intelligent. Their smell may be offensive to some, but they do not stink any more than a cat or a dog if you keep their litter clean. Plus when the Zombie Apocalypse hits you can train them to hunt rabbit, and that really is my guideline for a pet, weather it can pull it's own weight in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

Plus when the Zombie Apocalypse hits you can train them to hunt rabbit, and that really is my guideline for a pet, weather it can pull it's own weight in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

Thats your guildeline for a pet lol. My guideline is how many zombies can it kill, Can I eat my pet, and can I mash it when it dies to make beer.

This is why I am going with 1000 rats.
#1 Rats can be nasty and are actually protective of there owners. 1000 of these bastards would be a nightmare.
#2 Yes. I have heard rats taste like squirrel.
#3 The vietnamese make a drink with mice fetus and natural fermentation, why not use rats.

My daughter has had couple of GPs. I'm not fond of them. I'm not fond of any pet that lays in its own poop.

I'm not a fan of a any pet that has to live in a cage and pisses whenever it gets the urge.

That last reason is why I don't have a cocker either.

Back