An Oklahoma Double Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
Here are some photos of our double brew day from Monday. Ten gallons of Orange Pale Ale and 10 gallons of Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

It took about 6 hours to complete. One batch was Fly Sparged and the other was Batch Sparged. Fly Sparging gave us 2% gain in efficiency.

The Gear.
MashTunSupplies.jpg

Keggle.jpg

Brewstand.jpg

Milling Grain. 50lbs took forever by hand.
MillingGrain.jpg

BucketoGrain.jpg

PreHeating the Mash Tun.
PreheatMashtun.jpg

Mashing the Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Mashing.jpg

Recirculating the Orange Pale Ale.
RecircMash.jpg

Fly Sparging the Orange Pale Ale.
FlySpargeManifold.jpg

FlySparge.jpg

Batch Sparging the Bell's.
Batchsparge.jpg

Boiling the wort.
PreventingBoilover.jpg

OPABoiling.jpg

HopAddition.jpg

Tony.jpg

Chris.jpg

Chilling.
Chilling.jpg

ChillingBTHA.jpg

Almost done.
FillingCarboy.jpg

AllDone.jpg

Nice setup - I like the brew-bench (whatever the technical term for that is :) )

Oklahoma represent!

I saw 10g double brew day and six hours and thought there is no way you're sparging at a reasonable rate, not to mention wondering how are you getting all that liquid to temp so fast. But then saw it was brewing on two separate set ups, not back to back brews on one rig. I hear you on the milling 50lbs of grain by hand. Nice work and nice rigs!

Nice setup - I like the brew-bench (whatever the technical term for that is :) )

Oklahoma represent!

"The brew-bench". I like it. This was a pretty solid brew day. We hit all our numbers and were done in way less time than we expected.

In fact, we're discussing organizing a 40 or a 50 gallon brew day with 3-4 brewers!!! In my empty garage we can fit my brew stand, the Keggle/rectangle cooler, and at least one or two more rigs so we could do everything simultaneously. Any OKC local brewers that want to do an epic brew day just let us know!

Here's a few more:

The brew-dog:
IMG_4254.JPG

The command center.
IMG_4239.JPG

Back