$62 + Morebeer = 10 gallons of sweet nectar!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Here is what I am brewing thanks to Morebeer.... $62 shipped. I planned to purchase this from AHS during the sale, but it was $80 shipped without the sale, and about $73 with the sale. Economy is tough, times are tight, pilots are getting furloughed, $10-$20 means alot.

Orange Pale Ale

10lbs Maris Otter
1lb Vienna
1lb Crystal 10L

6 ounces of Cascade, 4 in the boil, 2 for dry hop
1oz Coriander
2oz Sweet Orange Peel

S-04 Yeast

OG 1.054
FG 1.014
SRM 6.2
IBU 35.6

Cascade Hause Ale

7lbs 2-Row
.75lbs Carapils
.5lb Vienna
.5lb Crystal 10L

1.25oz Cascade in the boil

US-05 Yeast

OG 1.040
FG 1.010
SRM 4.3
IBU 21.6

Hey Pol, what's the AA on the cascade in the orange pale ale? This seems interesting and I'd be interested in making this after you tell me how it comes out. :D

:off: Welcome to the world of membership status.

Hey, it is a recipe that has already been made by a member here... so it is tested, search it, he has tasting notes. The AA of the LEAF Cascades at Morebeer are currently 6.7! Pretty good, and they are VERY reasonably priced!

Guess who got a UPS shipment today!! :ban:

Pics of the ingredients and the process coming! I am cranking up the HLT in the morning tomorrow while the wifey and I go out for breakfast, be mashing by 10am! :rockin:

Recipe A sounds good. Keep us posted on how this comes out.

By the way, what type of aircraft do you fly?

Here are the skinny details, SWMBO wasted my batteries so I have no pics... bummer. Started with 11 gallons of water, collected 7.4 gallons, boiled to 5.3, 5.0 in the fermentor! Looks yummy, and the 10 minute addition of Cascade, coriander and orange peel was AMAZING to smell! BTW, I am a captain on an E170/175

In the fermentor now... FG was 1.056, exactly 70% eff. SO, I guess that is all I can squeeze out of this thing until I get a mill and start milling my own grain. The crush was "ok" but could have been noticeably finer. Typical mail order crush.

Mash was 60 mins @ 155F
Mashout 15 mins @ 168F
Sparge 45 mins @ 168F
Boil 90 mins
Pre-boil volume 7.4 gallons
Post boil volume 5.3 gallons
Fermentor 5.0 gallons

4:40 is what it took to get this brew in the books, not bad for a 90 minute boil!

Keg2- Oktoberfest
Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Back