Redneck Cooler Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I don't have a kegerator yet and my trashcan kegerator is not finished. So I had to figure out a way to dispense my first keg of beer during football this sunday. This is what I came up with. I made the cover for the cooler out of cardboard and covered it in duct tape to fancy it up a little ;) Picnic tap, dishrag drip tray. Keg is on ice (has been all week while it carbed up) ready for tommorow :)

cooler4.jpg

that should work fine. so long as the bottom half of the keg is sitting in the ice it should stay nice and cool. my only concern is that you said you started carbing this weekend? what PSI and how much time has it been cranked up for?

Oh no I started carbing on monday. It's been in the cooler all week with me swapping out frozen bottles of water twice a day. Kept it at 30 PSI for 36hrs then purged it and set it to 12psi.

Ugly yet very functional and portable... at least the pink foam insulation is covered up. Been watching Red Green I see from the looks of that cover :rockin:

Oh no I started carbing on monday. It's been in the cooler all week with me swapping out frozen bottles of water twice a day. Kept it at 30 PSI for 36hrs then purged it and set it to 12psi.

ah, i see. you should be fine then. that's a nice rig for tailgating/camping/etc.

I think it rules...and just proves that duct tape not only fixes ANYTHING, it also is a good tool for fancying stuff up! My wife would like new countertops...perhaps I should just duct tape what we've got now?

Back