Perlick forward seals and heavy tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with heavy tap handles and Perlick fwd seal faucets? They are super nice faucets but it would appear that they are really sensitive and can start flowing with only a bump or closing the lid of my kegerator-keezer. I have to be real careful closing it. I like my tap handles. I'd hate to change to the basic plastic ones.
?
-Ben

IMG_3224.jpg

those are pretty darn cool tap handles. Is the one on the left from a bike also?

Sheesh, wouldn't it have felt a little more honest to title this, "Check out my awesomzorz tap handles"?

Seriously, for a band-aid, you can use a couple rubberbands around the tower and the base of the handle. Not in keeping with the aesthetic, but functional.

I have the same problem. Just got a new handle and set it up about 1hr ago and noticed it.

The connecting rod is from a Triumph 500 unit twin, if I'm not mistaken. It was in a pile of Triumph/BSA parts and is much shorter than the 650 rods I use. (I'm, well lets say, a Triumph "enthusiast") Thanks for the compliments!
I had tried tightening the knurled ring but I was afraid of over tightening my new perlicks.
I'll give it another shot with a better wrench. I may take the black spacers off the male/female handles to lower them, but I kinda like them raised with the others. I cast them in bronze during a sculpture class.
Then again I really appreciate the short knob type handles I see on some setups.

Back