Are people happy with their bevlex-200

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
I have been looking into replacing the beer line in mine and my friends kegerator and am torn between bevlex-200 (bev-seal) and tygon b-44-4x. The tygon is suppose to be the absolute best ($1/foot). It seems alot of people also use the cheaper bevlex-200 and i was wondering if people are happy with it. It says it is what breweries use for their line.

I have been looking into replacing the beer line in mine and my friends kegerator and am torn between bevlex-200 (bev-seal) and tygon b-44-4x. The tygon is suppose to be the absolute best ($1/foot). It seems alot of people also use the cheaper bevlex-200 and i was wondering if people are happy with it. It says it is what breweries use for their line.

I just got Bev-Seal Ultra to use.

my barbs for the tap are 3/16 so the ultra wont work for me

They make 3/16" Bev-Seal Ultra. We just did a group buy on it since it is only in 1000' spools.

They make 3/16" Bev-Seal Ultra. We just did a group buy on it since it is only in 1000' spools.

Curious if'n there's any left up for grabs from the group buy?

If not; would anyone else be interested in starting another?

I have the 1/4" Bev Seal Ultra and its great. Just keep in mind that this tubing is a more rigid and has a lower pressure drop, so you will likely need more of it.

I have the 1/4" Bev Seal Ultra and its great. Just keep in mind that this tubing is a more rigid and has a lower pressure drop, so you will likely need more of it.

If you don't mind me asking; with the 1/4" PET lined tubing, how many feet of line are you using per keg and also whats the average PSI that you dispense at?

I really want to get some PET lined tubing as I am completely fed up with the nasty taste that normal vinyl tubing imparts to my beer. I just am a little hesitant as I don't really like the idea of something absurd like 20ft of line per keg.

I guess I could use something like one of those epoxy mixers to add some resistance as opposed to adding more line....hmm:confused:

I have about 16' which gives a resistance of 6.4 PSI, so I use about 1.75 epoxy mixers to dispense at 11PSI. According to the manufacturer, there is .4PSI resistance per foot, so it would otherwise take 27.5' of line for a balanced system. With vinyl, that might not be that bad, but this stuff is a little too rigid. It dispenses a little slow and I could probably use a little less epoxy mixer, but I don't mess with it much. These mixers fit inside the line nicely when clamped in place using a worm drive clamp. I have a 1 foot section of line which holds the epoxy mixers and is spliced in using John Guest unions. This enables me to easily take the mixers out to make any adjustments.

I didn't know people had problems with the vinyl line imparting a flavor. I'm using standard 3/16 I got from chicompany. It's new but I have been using it for a month and I don't taste any odd flavor. I even have one keg of just water( seltzer 30 psi) and it can go a couple days without use and the water in 20' of tubing has no off flavor. I would think it would be more noticeable with plain water.

I didn't know people had problems with the vinyl line imparting a flavor. I'm using standard 3/16 I got from chicompany. It's new but I have been using it for a month and I don't taste any odd flavor. I even have one keg of just water( seltzer 30 psi) and it can go a couple days without use and the water in 20' of tubing has no off flavor. I would think it would be more noticeable with plain water.

Amazingly enough, all humans do not come from the exact same DNA ;) so there is some variation in all forms of sensory perception. I also have not been able to detect any off flavor from the first pour of the day, and I'm running six faucets, so some pours may have been sitting in the line for at least a couple of days.

I'm happy about it, and I say you should also be happy you aren't plagued with such a malady! :D

Cheers!

I'm really sensitive to plastic/rubber flavors which is why I went with bev-seal ultra lines. I use the 3/16" ID, and run 18' per faucet for my 3 beer lines which are kept at 12 psi and 39F. I also have a 40' line run at 28 psi for sodas. My lines are probably a little longer than needed, but I'd rather have a slightly slow pour than foam issues. It is stiff, and has less resistance than vinyl, but I've been really happy with how it performs.

Back