Keg cleaning brush....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
(Apologies if this has been covered previously)

After an extended airing out and drying process (read : I left about 16 cornies under the deck for a few, ahem, months) I noticed some had gotten a little funky inside... A good soaking in oxyclean cut most of the crud, but there were a few that still had some green grime in them... Since my arm is a tad bigger than the opening on the top, I grabbed my trusted stick and a rag and went to town... Halfway through the second keg, I thought "there must be a better way"....

Then I flashed back to something that might just work... One trip to Home Depot later, I had another one of these:
AAAAAlAxBPMAAAAAADX4iQ.jpg

Cobweb brush. Oddly enough, it fits perfectly into a keg. Just attached it to the end of a paint stick, but am conjuring up a way to attached it to a drill to spin the bejebus out of it... Doesn't work all that well with the dip tubes in place, but it did the trick...

Latest posts

Back