2 kegs 1 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGadvocate

Reaction score
I've had a 1 keg system for over a year now. Recently picked up a few more kegs for really cheap. Other than getting a duel regulator or manifold, is there a cheap ( temporary ) way to run 2 legs with 1 regulator?

Buy a tee. You can find them at Home Depot in the plumbing isle. The material doesn't really matter since it's for air. They should have lots of options.

6b4a0024-8a78-4ccf-9a2f-e0c44273d9c3_300.jpg

15864515-60de-4263-8fe5-6385b8bf154c_300.jpg

I use a "T" splitter, it's cheap and effective. Sometimes I wish I could run multiple PSIs though..

I have two Ts on mine, so running three kegs. I got the stainless ones that AHB carries, but plastic would work too. You could run quite a few kegs off a single regulator by T-ing off multiple times. It might be nice to have multiple regulators so that you could serve certain beers at higher or lower pressure, but if you don't want to spend the $, it works just fine.

Hmmm, this seems like a good option until I get a second regulator. With this, I could dis connect a carbed keg while force carbing a new batch at 30 psi for a day or 2. Then hooking them both up at serving pressure.

Hmmm, this seems like a good option until I get a second regulator. With this, I could dis connect a carbed keg while force carbing a new batch at 30 psi for a day or 2. Then hooking them both up at serving pressure.

I have carb stones in all my serving kegs. They carb nicely in about 2 days at serving pressure, no need to disconnect others.

You really only need a 2nd regulator if you want separate pressures. Many people serve multiple kegs off the same regulator with this method. Your other option is a Manifold with individual check valves. It's cheaper than separate regulators and a little more sophisticated than using a bunch of T splitters. If there are check valves on it you have the added benefits of just being able to shut one or two lines off if needed temporarily for force carbing without having to disconnect them.

Can you elaborate on this? How does this work?

You can get small diffusion stones similar to those that commercial breweries use for aeration and carbonation. Attach it to a 2' length of vinyl tube, which itself is attached to the gas dip tube on your corny. Voila!

Here is the one I use:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=10511

I only once tried the method they suggest for rapid carbing, but had problems. I later determined that my regulator was messed up and may have been the source of my issue, so I can't really attest as to whether or not their prescribed method works well. Either way, you can "set and forget" and have carbed beer in 48 hours using the stone and not have to be monkeying with your regulator. Works for me.

I clean them while still in the keg. Soak keg with PBW as normal, after main rinse, pull tube with stone out of keg, attach gas and run rinse water over it until it flows clear. Slip stone back into keg and fill with sanitizer. Once sanitizing cycle has completed, dump santi and attach gas to corny for a moment until sanitizer is blown out the stone.

Wow. That sounds like a great solution. I veer between "set and forget" and "boy I really want to drink this keg right now so I'll force carb". One takes forever and the other never quite works right.

Sorry to hijack the thread! How about this y-splitter that goes directly on your regulator? I bought this but have not installed it. I have my CO2 cannister outside my kegerator and plan on having this so I can have one line for utility work, like putting down a CO2 blanket when racking, topping off just filled kegs, etc.

Yeah, I love the stones. Beats having to fool with jacking pressure up, shaking, rolling, venting, etc. Pretty much you have carbed beer by the time the yeast settles. I have been fining in my primary, xfering to keg after 48 hours, putting the gas on, and then serving in 48-72 hours. By that time the beer is gassed up and the gelatin has worked. Clear, carbonated beer with minimal effort. I like minimal effort :D

Yeah, a Y will accomplish the same thing. If you have a line outside the kegerator, you could still T off the lines inside as well. Have your utility line and then however many dispensing gas lines inside.

Latest posts

Back