Dry hopping mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayblefty

Reaction score
I have a 5 gal batch of sweet mead going that I want to dry hop. I have looked around and can't find much info on the subject. I am curious if anyone could offer some insight. I am wondering how much of what type of hops and how long to let it sit on the hops. It is still in primary bubbling away and I would imagine 2oz of cascade hop pellets about two weeks before bottling??? I plan to let this one bulk age till the end of summer so ots no rush. Any info is appreciated, speculation or experience:) thanks!

Check out this link, and you can use the search function to find a couple of other threads that might help you -- search for 'hop metheglin'

What you propose sounds like it would work fine...I'd do a minimum of 2 weeks...I think I dry hopped my hopped meads for almost a month.

Interesting. I always thought a hopped hydromel with some good honey blend (Like maybe half clover honey half orange and lavander??) would be really interesting. Maybe a bit like beer even.

I've got two hopped batches going right now, i dry hopped in secondary with 2 oz of cascade. watch out for inflating hops if you still have fermentation active. the CO2 gets caught in the hops that rise to the surface and will push out through the airlock if you do not agitate it twice a day for the first week!

Latest posts

Back