New homebrew club in the works. Bakersfield CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaton83

Reaction score
Looks likes I am not the only homebrewer in Bakersfield. I met a few last week during a trip to a brewery that a local wine/beer shop organized. The store looks to be supported of forming a club :mug:

Anyone else interested in joining a club in Bakersfield?

Does anyone have any advice on starting a club?

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel,
Hi,
I would be interested, I am curious where the shop you mentioned is? I was not aware of one in Bakersfield and thinking of possibly opening one. In any case I am fairly new to home brewing, I have been making extract brews while constructing a brewtroller powered all grain rig. Like to get together some time and chat.

Bill

Lengthwise Brewing by any chance? I'm from Bako originally, good to see homebrewing roots taking hold over there. Good luck with it.

there is a club Big Brew Theory and a LHBS called Whole Hog Brew Supply which is having an open house Feb 12, their on facebook.

Aww that's awesome. About time we got an LHBS here, if you ask me. Not that morebeer, northern brewer, et al haven't been good to me, I'd just like to support someone here locally and be able to have personal interaction when I have a question.
@artyusmc - where do I get info about the big brew theory? I couldn't seem to find them on Facebook.

I would be interested even though I am in Hanford It would be nice to get out and make some friends

Aww that's awesome. About time we got an LHBS here, if you ask me. Not that morebeer, northern brewer, et al haven't been good to me, I'd just like to support someone here locally and be able to have personal interaction when I have a question.
@artyusmc - where do I get info about the big brew theory? I couldn't seem to find them on Facebook.

Here you go

http://www.bigbrewtheory.org/

face book

http://www.facebook.com/groups/196652353718419/

Again Whole Hog Brewing Supply is having an open house this sunday see below and their on facebook too

"This Sunday February 12th Whole Hog is celebrating with a brew day and BBQ kicking off at 10 am. If you are wanting to brew onsite with us, please get in touch with us here on FB or by phone at 661-834-BREW. There will be plenty of food and drink on hand. This is our way of thanking family,friends, and Bakersfields homebrewing community. Our Address is 4500 Shepard St. Ste B1 Bakersfield Ca 93313. Hope to see you here"

:mug:

Sheppard ave

I want to go so bad, but I have to work Saturday and Sunday out at Edwards AFB. I went down and talked to Seamus yesterday, and from what he was saying it should be a great time. He said they are roasting a whole pig, they're going to have some demos, he's even brewing some root beer for the kids. Now that I think about it I might be feeling a fever coming on...

EnCHy22 said:
I want to go so bad, but I have to work Saturday and Sunday out at Edwards AFB. I went down and talked to Seamus yesterday, and from what he was saying it should be a great time. He said they are roasting a whole pig, they're going to have some demos, he's even brewing some root beer for the kids. Now that I think about it I might be feeling a fever coming on...

Come to the club meeting at 7 pm fri at whole hog

Subscribing to this thread, originally from Bakersfield (Buttonwillow) but now down south in LA.

Latest posts

Back