• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Chicagoland - 120v 2.5 Gallon eBIAB System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salpino

Reaction score
$400 firm for everything listed at the bottom of this post. Given the nature of the system, I'm looking for local Chicagoland buyers only please.

This system is a clone of the system as outlined in this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/110v-recirculating-ebiab-2-5-gallon-batches-341219/

My parts list is nearly identical to the one in the thread above.

I wasn't comfortable installing all of the hardware in the Auber control box so I settled on a FatMax toolbox instead. Plenty of room for any future changes to the layout, and this system is easily modified for 240v applications by switching out the plugs/outlets and upgrading the SSR and contactor wiring from 12G to 10G.

I've put 10 batches through this system and have made some excellent beer. I see an average of 79% efficiency when recirculating throughout the entire mash. I've had fun doing 2.5 gallons. I now have 3 kids and spending 5 hours to brew 2.5 gallons of beer is a bit of a tough sell. I will still be brewing going forward, though it's going to have to be at the 5 gallon batch size in order to make the time commitment worth while since it will be so infrequent.

Items Included:

Controller
Kettle: 30qt stainless with lid, 3-piece ball valve, sight glass (brewhardware), RTD sensor, and 1650W LWD element installed per Kal's tutorial.
Pump: greatbreweh http://greatbreweh.com/Beer_Pump.html
Accessories: silicone hoses, camlocks, RTD cable.

Sad to sell a system I spent a good amount of time building. A system that I'm quite proud of. I want it to find a good home.

2014-03-24 16.42.06.jpg

2014-03-24 16.41.35.jpg

2014-03-24 16.41.08.jpg

2013-07-21 16.09.13.jpg

2013-07-20 23.26.27.jpg

Nice Setup! Great price for someone. Just built one of these myself and this is a rockin deal. Too bad you didn't post this earlier. Would have saved me a bunch of time building. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yes, I built this exact same setup last year. It makes brew days so much easier. You can definitely do 3 gallon batches no problem as well. Must be hard letting this bad boy go, but totally understandable.

Back