• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

6 gallon carboys on Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZOMG.... my Amazon Prime membership gets me free 2 day shipping on this bad boy....

Italian Glass as well. hrm.... I might need one of these.

-=Jason=-

hmm, usually use a 6.5 gallon for primary...you think i'll run into problems using this 6 gallon for a primary?

The only drawback I see is . . .

Usually ships within 6 to 7 weeks

Customer Reviews:
Just started my first brew with this carboy. It's seems like it's quality is comparable to any other carboy I've seen and you can not find a cheaper 6-gallon carboy out there. The one drawback is the shipping: Mine arrived seven weeks after I ordered it.

I would say, if you're not in any hurry, this is the best deal you will find online.

saw those, but also saw this: (click on the "read all reviews" button)

November 13th, 2010:
Best deal on a glass carboy I've ever seen. I was mildly skeptical when I ordered it. But, it was half the price of anything else I could find, so I went for it.
I was not disappointed!

This carboy is big, built solid, Cheap, and shipped for FREE. Also, the super saver shipping was insane on this order. Was on my door step <72 hours later. Amazing.

Thats in canadian... Whats the going exchange rate nowadays? I thought it was pretty close to 1:1?

I saw the plastic ones as well, but the glass is a much better bang for your buck as you can get 6 Gallon BetterBottles for around $23 as well

-=Jason=-

I ordered mine on Nov 30th and the estimated delivery date was Jan 21st. I put the tracking number in UPS's website and it says the carboy hit Denver today so it'll be at my door when I get home from work tomorrow. 10 days isn't bad for $28 shipped. In case anyone is holding off because of the estimated shipping that amazon gives out.

I got my two yesterday. The box was in terrible shape, but the carboys themselves were intact. Only issue is one of them has what looks like a bubble in the glass... I need to toss some colored water in there to see if the bubble is open to the inside of the carboy,, if so that is an uncleanable infection site.

I ordered 3 of these on November 24th. They showed up Dec 4th. The outside boxes were in almost pristine condition. The inside boxes were as well. The carboys themselves were most excellent with no flaws. They were clear in color. I looked at the 6 gallon Paklab carboy I picked from Hop to It two weeks ago in Boulder. It was green and had an air bubble in the glass. The bubble did not breach the inside or outside of the carboy. My kits and wort chiller came in today from Midwest. Guess I'm brewing next week.

Mine arrived whole but the carboy has thousands of tiny bubbles in the glass. One of them is about the size of the tip of a ball point pen. I haven't tested to see if it is open on the inside but it looks like it definitely is. It's my spare so I may just throw it away since I found out the brew shop two miles from my house is selling them for $32.

Item Under Review

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

got mine friday, lots of little bubbles in the glass (unlike my 12 year old mexican carboy). how can i check to make sure the integrity of the inside surface is smooth/solid? a good deal on the product, but if it's not up to snuff it might have to go back. i'd hate to suffer a bad batch just because i saved a few bucks on a primary. thoughts?

iijakii said:
$1 US is how much maple syrup these days?

I'd like to make it known as a Canadian now living in the united states we should show great respect to our hat, do you know how much worse them Russians are.. And I tried that website it never asked for my credit card and said order complete ... Hmm

Latest posts

Back