• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 Burner brewer stand with 1 large pot etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beer-3burnerbrewsystem-p3.jpg

beer-3burnerbrewsystem-p2.jpg

beer-3burnerbrewsystem-p1.jpg

beer-brewpotmashtuncoolerp2.jpg

beer-brewpotmashtuncoolerp1.jpg

How many times have you brewed on this? And has it only been 5 gallon batches? I have concerns with the top frame not being supported by the bottom frame.

will the stand hold 500lbs? It looks like the burners (bass pro?) have timers on them?

I suspect it needs a couple center legs to support the middle burner if you plan to put 12 gallons in a keg. Frankly, I think that thing is worth the exact price as three individual standalone cookers and a small allowance for the aluminum pot but that's just my opinion. I generally don't like crapping on someone's classified but you can get this for $550 shipped to anywhere in the country:

15442d1272501457-brew-stand-blowout-550-00-free-shipping-new-stand1.jpg

It's not as nice as the guy's unit above which is like $2000 system (unless you buy used). It should have no trouble supporting the weight of 10 or even 20 gal pots (the pot I'm including is 15 gallon = 60 qt size heavy gauge aluminum). The burners are correctly stated from Bass Pro shops. They have never been used, not even to turn on and burn the mfg paint. The bottom frame is very strong, should hold a motherload of weight. The top frame is made of decent angle iron which was originally part of a metal shelving unit and it can hold a lot of weight too, just not as much as the square and rectangular tubing of the bottom frame. I'm looking for $500. You can modify this thing all kinds of ways. That's kinda the nice beauty of buying used lower cost stuff. If you buy a new $2k unit like in above picture you probably wouldn't want to start drilling holes in it or welding things to it.

I thought I was clear enough by saying "you can get this for $550 shipped to anywhere in the country" but I guess it just sounded like I was blowing smoke. It didn't get any bids on Ebay at $550. Sometimes you just hit a bad week where no one was looking to buy a brew stand but other times you're selling too high.

The bass pro shops cookers are $40 each with the aluminum pot included so there's a $380 premium put on what is apparently a re-purposed something else, a used pot and cooler.

You guys seem intent on quoting the price of that stand on the forums like you have an interest in selling it. What is price of base unit and what is price of unit with the options that make it comparable to what I'm selling. My stuff includes a pot alone worth over $100 and 3 burners. I was under impression of the other new unit being 500+ without anything not even those caster wheels option which you have in that picture. No burners too. Hey, why is their website always down and "bandwidth exceeded" message? That's not a good thing. Been like that all day.

"What is price of base unit and what is price of unit with the options that make it comparable to what I'm selling."

i have one of the posted stands, price ($550 NEW with free shipping from http://www.brewersequipment.com) includes regulator, valves, casters and all three burners, bracket to hold propane tank, and a bracket to mount a controller. Does not include the propane tank, however it did include flexible tubing from valve to burner.
NO pot was included tho.

Also been on there site 3 times in the last couple minutes with no problem, cheers

Ok, you're right, it's worth $500 to you and you can hold out to try to get it. It's really none of my business. I'm just trying to help you out if you're really looking to sell.

The place we're talking about is https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/brew-stand-blowout-550-00-free-shipping-175499/
It's brewersequipment.com, not my site brewhardware.com. I had a bandwidth exceeded since yesterday but it's fixed now by the way. However, I don't sell brew stands so it's irrelevant.

Even if you looked past the availability of the brewersequipment single tier, do you really think the tagged-together scrap holding up the bass pro shops burners is worth $280 (that's giving you the $100 for the aluminum pot)? I understand sentimental value but no buyer is going to see it.

Good find on the aluminum pot supplier. To NY it appears to be $89 with shipping, but no tax applied. I forgot to say my pot is Kosher, ha that's true but really not relavent. The plastic cooler is worth $10 - $15 used I figure. So Lets say $100 for pot and cooler. Also lets say $120 for the 3 burners & 1 empty tank. That's $220 range. I'm asking $500. So the stand is worth at least a hundred. Just ask the other mfg what the steel and welding cost. Mine is used and it's very strong (unlike what some stranger said ealier in thread ... that guy is an IDIOT) and assembly was a couple hours of getting hands dirty (i'm not in the business of making and selling beer stands). So that's the situation.

Their are some people who would rather save $100-200 and get something that's a work in progress locally than just buy a mfg unit from some company far from home. If you still have "problems" with this humble posting I think it's not the posting that has the problems ... if you follow my play with words. You guys can actually come over and inspect if you want to negotiate a sale price, but I'm not into playing more games with people who are assisting someone else sell another item on internet ... thru my humble classified posting. I gander that's an issue the website moderators are going to have to address as they read these classified posts. The aggressive sellers who shiz and crap with all kinds of untrue BS on other people's postings. I get all kinds of crazy people on eBay doing all kinds of scams. Some try the old pay thru paypal, then after they receive item they complain and somehow eBay sucks back the funds from my PayPal account and I get screwed. Or as I did recently, don't ship to unconfirmed address then the scammer shiz on your profile. Guess that's the agenda for interested strangers on internet (like some of you guys who I don't know and assume are selling items of their own!).

I'm not interested, but I am about to build my own Brutus 10 system. According to BYO plans the stand takes 40' of 2"x2" square tubing (I'm using regualr steel and not stainless) I can get the 40' for $50 from a local steel company and pay $1/cut to have them cut it all to length for me according to the cut list in the BYO mag.

So I'll weld it up and have a brewstand in bare metal for less than $100. If I were willing to pay anywhere near $550 for a stand, I'd chunk up the extra $250 and buy the complete Stainless stand from that site listed above! it's nice and tempting, but like most of us here I'd rather build it myself.

No offense to you or your stand, but I can buy those burners from Academy Sports and outdoors for $20 each. So the most I personally would pay for your set up would be $100 to $120 and you'd have to cover shipping costs.

pretty soon I'll have a cadre of interested posts telling me I have to pay them to sell it to them. Rediculous. So to sum up, either "WE MUST ALL FOLLOW THE SUPER KNOWITALLS WHO SAY BUY THE SYSTEM FROM SOME COMPANY THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH or WE ARE MAKING BIG MISTAKE" sounds like advertising on the forums to me. Where is the sexy model and the, but wait theirs more.

I'll give you $100 if you make the Brutus 10 for me and then deliver it with a couple 20 gallon brew pots.

Let's just be clear about one thing here, none of the posters in this thread are in the business of selling brewstands. Anyone? Anyone?

Not in the business of sell anything let alone brewstands, but I did purchase one for $550 that appears to be very high quality.

Listen... I think the Brass tax of what I and everyone else is trying to tell you is your Rig is only worth about $100 and asking $500 or $550 for it will do nothing but ensure that you won't sell it.

wow. I came into this thread not knowing what to think, I clicked your add on ebay before seeing the photos and though to my self "wow this guy is smoking some good chit" you have to look at it from a buyers / anyone other than your selfs point of view.

material alone your not even close to your asking price.
the over all fit and finish looks like it was made from a scrap pile of parts in a junkyard
welds don't look good
its rusting
its not powder coated, but instead rattle canned and not even a fresh coat of paint.
your KOSHER pot is in poor shape.

this coming from some one who hasn't brewed yet but has spend 2 week on the forum reading and learning. I have seen what the guy are building in their garage at home. I've seen what a guy who just bought his welder just because he wasn't about to pay the high cost of a prebuilt stand. and all of these look better than what you are trying to sell

sorry to be harsh, but in this day and age of penny pinching there is no way your going to be able to sell that for anything close to $550. I applaud your effort, but in all reality $150-$200 and you might be able to sell that.

good luck finding a buyer.

-=Jason=-

it's called perceived value vs actual value. no 1 on either side will be able to convince the other side. can this topic be done?

You can give a big thanks to Bobby_M for being such a knowitall jackazz salesperson for coming onto my humble post and telling everyone not to buy my brewstand but to buy some other stand that some company (that advertises on this website) makes and is more expensive. What a A hole! Typical New Jersey home brewer right! The kosher pot is in next to perfect shape ... another jack who is an IDIOT. Right next to Bobby_M for saying the metal stand that is very very strong is not strong. What a dishonest statement. Yet again.

My offer still stands to the home machinist who thinks he can assemble and build that stand for $100. Yea, gone back into his little hole in the woods to think up some kind of bull response. The truth is this stuff cost $400 just in acquisition cost. Not saying cost of assembly. If you want to go spend $500 or $1000 or more for your system or you can get parts at a scrap yard and rig something for less money ... more power to you. If you are like Bobby_M and go onto other people thread and tell everyone not to buy it, not to make an offer, and such to buy something else ... you have a reason to be disliked by everyone. Must be why you are that "azzhole" clown all time. Just an obvious comment.

(Why would "lumpher" above want to close this tread so no more jackazz, aka Bobby_M or total no-nothing who have never seen the unit, can make more dishonest statements and reply to the thread. It's like they have motive to stop this sale posting .. they don't want me to sell the three burner brew stand ... seems curious doesn't it. Kind of like big brother with many bees, like communist china with their 112,000 computer hackers on payroll, starts some dishonest campaign to slander and defame and not be held responsible for the campaign. Smells ugly, sleazy, like New Jersey home brewers right!)

You can give a big thanks to Bobby_M for being such a knowitall jackazz salesperson for coming onto my humble post and telling everyone not to buy my brewstand but to buy some other stand that some company (that advertises on this website) makes and is more expensive. What a A hole! Typical New Jersey home brewer right!

Yeah, a whopping $50 dollars more expensive. By the time someone pays for a tank of gas in their truck to come pick that up? They'll have been better off buying it from the vendor here and having it delivered. Sitting here going "wah, the forum guys are killing my sale" doesn't change that fact.

This need to be cleaned up.

You can give a big thanks to Bobby_M for being such a knowitall jackazz salesperson for coming onto my humble post and telling everyone not to buy my brewstand but to buy some other stand that some company (that advertises on this website) makes and is more expensive. What a A hole! Typical New Jersey home brewer right! The kosher pot is in next to perfect shape ... another jack who is an IDIOT. Right next to Bobby_M for saying the metal stand that is very very strong is not strong. What a dishonest statement. Yet again.

My offer still stands to the home machinist who thinks he can assemble and build that stand for $100. Yea, gone back into his little hole in the woods to think up some kind of bull response. The truth is this stuff cost $400 just in acquisition cost. Not saying cost of assembly. If you want to go spend $500 or $1000 or more for your system or you can get parts at a scrap yard and rig something for less money ... more power to you. If you are like Bobby_M and go onto other people thread and tell everyone not to buy it, not to make an offer, and such to buy something else ... you have a reason to be disliked by everyone. Must be why you are that "azzhole" clown all time. Just an obvious comment.

Well said Ace...
I want to commend you on coming into a new forum and getting into a pi**ing contest with a member that has been around as long as Bobby_M. Personally I think you should ignore everyone that has pooh-poo'd on your thread and stick to your guns. What the hell do all these people know anyway, you know what your stand is worth and by god, someone on this forum should pay what you want. Kudos to you man!!

BTW: I have a 1993 Camry with 300k miles on it for sale. It was $23k new, I'm asking $22k. I'll buy your stand, you buy my car, and all these a$$holes can kiss our a$$es!!!

Ed

Ok, that's enough. This has gone downhill long enough and far enough.

People opining on the reason your stand isn't/won't sell at that price were trying to be helpful, not jerks, so I'm leaving those posts.

Apparently, you have issues with this forum as well as all of the people on Ebay, too. Sorry about that.

We're done here. Good luck with selling your stand.

(Why would "lumpher" above want to close this tread so no more jackazz, aka Bobby_M or total no-nothing who have never seen the unit, can make more dishonest statements and reply to the thread. It's like they have motive to stop this sale posting .. they don't want me to sell the three burner brew stand ... seems curious doesn't it. Kind of like big brother with many bees, like communist china with their 112,000 computer hackers on payroll, starts some dishonest campaign to slander and defame and not be held responsible for the campaign. Smells ugly, sleazy, like New Jersey home brewers right!)

Edit- by the way! The "edited" part of this post is what got this guy in trouble. The jackazz comment, calling people dishonest, sleezy, etc. pissed me off. Shoulda just shut up and sold the stand elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back