• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3/4" MPT 6" Long Sightglass Tubes FS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPStrassburg

Reaction score
I picked up some polycarbonate tubing to make sight glasses and have some left over if anyone is interested in a flow through sight glass. I made one version that is 6" long and has 3/4" MPT connections on each end or can make longer ones if needed.

Here's the bare tube

6inSightTube.jpg

Here it is rigged up as I will be running it to oxygenate after boiling and cooling and during mash recirculation to observe clarity

6inSightTubeAerator.jpg

Any questions or requests let me know.
$15 shipped USPS.
Thanks,
Walter

Jon,
It is rated to 250* and is 3/4" id with 1/8" wall thickness and FDA approved. It's the same material that most of the level sightglasses are made of that you see.
-Walter

I think you meant 3/4" OD. How are you getting a seal on your O2 line going into the fitting on the left? Pressure fit on female threads? I've done a few of these with a compression fitting to bring the oxygen in. The only trouble having the stone extended all the way into the clear tubing is the restriction you get.

I think you meant 3/4" OD. How are you getting a seal on your O2 line going into the fitting on the left? Pressure fit on female threads? I've done a few of these with a compression fitting to bring the oxygen in. The only trouble having the stone extended all the way into the clear tubing is the restriction you get.

Bobby, Once I get everything done it will be a swagelok 1/4" tube x 1/4" mpt adapter that seals up my O2 line into the tee.

That stone is about 1/2" and the tubing isn't even sealed to the reducer bushing as I was just mocking up for pictures and I didn't have the right swagelok adapter on hand.

The stone in the picture is the one I use for carbing kegs. Since the stone that I will be using for aerating is a little bigger than 3/4" it doesn't fit into the tube, but stays back in the tee fitting.

I'll get my swagelok adapter bored out as that will be what seals everything up and get mine all put together.

SS-400-1-4BT.jpg

I have a few of these made up if anyone is interested. They are a nice way to monitor mash recirculation for clarity.
-Walter

WPStrassburg said:
I have a few of these made up if anyone is interested. They are a nice way to monitor mash recirculation for clarity.
-Walter

Is the 15 shipped for the treaded poly tube only?

Latest posts

Back