Wierd Old Brewer Dude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bniesen said:
Tofu is not awful. thats your opinion

+1. Tofu is awesome. Food, like beer, can only be appreciated by people who's tastes aren't pigeonholed by what they "like". I make a barbqued tofu sandwhich that's killer. It goes great with a nice cold glass of saison ;)

Tofu is too Blah to be awful! Tofu is BMC. Cooked cabbage is belgian! Eat what you like and wash it down with your preferred beverage!

went from weird old guy to belgians to tofu and now cooked cabbage. All this topic jumping and nobody, not once displayed :off:

til now

:tank:

bottlebomber said:
I think what you meant to say is, I don't care for them. If they were genuinely awful, they wouldn't make them

No I meant that it is awful. Lots of awful stuff is made. Take music, lil Wayne makes awful music.

Well,you have to understand that tofu is very good at soaking up flavors it is marinaded/cooked in. It can be a tasty meat sub with Worcestershire sauce,& a few other things to marinade it in. Then grill it. It's even good in a salad if you marinade it in some of the dressing before adding chunks of it to the salad. It's good,lean protein.

Oh, and back on topic I have to say that that guy is doing kind of exactly what I want to do eventually. Just always have the same beer on tap, "my brew" that anyone who comes over can always count on having available, bringing to parties. Its all just a matter of finding the right brew.

knotquiteawake said:
Oh, and back on topic I have to say that that guy is doing kind of exactly what I want to do eventually. Just always have the same beer on tap, "my brew" that anyone who comes over can always count on having available, bringing to parties. Its all just a matter of finding the right brew.

I appreciate your on topic post :mug: I also am trying to develop a beer that is so balanced and satisfying that I can brew and drink it anytime of the year. However I will still always be experimenting with other brews. I want to try an imperial hefeweisen as my next endeavor

Sounds like you met JacktheKnife. You say he moved to CA from TX? Right age, from TX, brews the same beer over and over. If you guys aren't familiar with JacktheKnife, I suggest you click on his profile in the link above and go to his threads. That will keep you entertained for a while.

KingBrianI said:
Sounds like you met JacktheKnife. You say he moved to CA from TX? Right age, from TX, brews the same beer over and over. If you guys aren't familiar with JacktheKnife, I suggest you click on his profile in the link above and go to his threads. That will keep you entertained for a while.

I can't find any of his threads.... this guys just here to do the machine installation.

I was hoping to see something like
Primary: Jackbrew
Secondary : Jackbrew
Keg #1: Jackbrew
Keg#2 : Jackbrew

:)

I can't find any of his threads.... this guys just here to do the machine installation.

I was hoping to see something like
Primary: Jackbrew
Secondary : Jackbrew
Keg #1: Jackbrew
Keg#2 : Jackbrew

:)

When you go to his profile, on the left side there will be a link that says "View JacktheKnife's Threads". Click on that.

Some of those are priceless, King B. I especially like the post where he tells us about learning to cook from his mother so that he "wouldn't have to marry a #%<%# like her". Good times!!

Oh, man I miss Jack. Every one of his threads was like an insane piece of beat poetry. Hunter S. Thompson as a homebrewer.

****ing makes knives out of railroad spikes!

014_141.JPG

Crazy mother****er. Really hope he ain't dead.

You should ask for some of his yeast strain that stuff HAS to have mutated beyond recognition. It would be interesting to do a side by side with his strain and a fresh strain.

This guy may have something fantastic and not even know it!

I don't know, sounds like he knows it if that's all he drinks.

I have crazy respect for people like this. Tough breed they don't make too many of any more. They realize that less can be more.

bottlebomber said:
+1. Tofu is awesome. Food, like beer, can only be appreciated by people who's tastes aren't pigeonholed by what they "like". I make a barbqued tofu sandwhich that's killer. It goes great with a nice cold glass of saison ;)

I'll take that order. Or just pm me your recipe for the sammy.

I like certain belgians. Pretty much anything a monk brews is awesome. Cant really stand most BPA's, saisons rock, some wits are good. To each his own.

I also like olives, peanuts, pickles, dry sausage, hot stuffed peppers, and breasts. But thats just me.

the_bird said:
Oh, man I miss Jack. Every one of his threads was like an insane piece of beat poetry. Hunter S. Thompson as a homebrewer.

****ing makes knives out of railroad spikes!

Crazy mother****er. Really hope he ain't dead.

Yeah I just read up on him.... all the great members are gone now... Jackthe Knife... TrailorTrashBrewer lol. Those knives are awesome, in a slightly creepy hillbilly kind of way.

You know its funny when I started this thread I expected maybe 2 or 3 replies, a little head scratching or something, not 60 posts and a frikkin tofu vs belgian survey lol. The Internet is a funny place

There are these two guys that will show at events a my LHBS. They only make one beer. They use barley that they grow and malt. Corn that they grow as well as homegrown hops. Once the harvest comes in they brew as often as possible until they have enough to last the year.

Reading Jack the Knife's posts is like reading Haiku.

I suspect that someone who references Platos allegory of the cave is not quite as hillbilly as they let on...

dannypo said:
There are these two guys that will show at events a my LHBS. They only make one beer. They use barley that they grow and malt. Corn that they grow as well as homegrown hops. Once the harvest comes in they brew as often as possible until they have enough to last the year.

THAT'S awesome. I've always wanted to grow my own barley, my folks own a lot of land that would be perfect for it.

Baldy_Beer_Brewery said:
And nobody has pointed out to him that Mr. Malty says that is underpitching?

I don't think this guy cares about underpitching... lol. But just for the sake of it id say 200ml of slurry is a pretty good pitch

BigHefty said:
Dude, you spelled weird wrong..... although that wouldn't justify you being banned. :D

I before E except after C..... D@mmit! Those little lymerics are useless! :D

Well I got owned on that one :mug:

JetSmooth said:
Dude. What did the Asians ever do to you? :p

Oh, it must be because they gave us the tofu.

Maybe, but they can't make beer worth a dang ;)

Back