Divorce Score!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjibbad

Reaction score
First I want to say I in no way condone taking advantage of others during time of duress. This was just too good to pass up

40Q Polarware pot with Ball Valve, and blichman brewmometer
Blichman Plate chiller
March 809 Pump
~20' silicone tubing
3 6 gal glass carboys

All for 50 bones!! A divorced woman was selling off her husbands stuff brew stuff while he was on vacation with his mistress (or so she said) Eitherway I just couldn't pass it up!!

Damn, that's way better than my divorce score...

6.5 gal bucket
5 gal bucket with spigot
racking cane
tube
bottle filler
caps
capper
thermometer
hydrometer
airlock

Everything but the bottles and the pot for $40 a few weeks ago.

Anyone else care to share?

You should be ashamed of yourself! You will go straight to hell for accepting that poor man's homebrew equipment!

Absolve yourself by selling it to me for $50. You will come out even monetarily, and will have made peace with the brew Gods. I of course will then have the burden of guilt, but it will be tempered by my willingness to help you out of your troubles.

dang, that is sad but man you made out like bandits :rockin:

You may want to drive by and have 911 on speed dial in case their is a feud over the missing brew equipment.

I got a two tier Crasftmen rolling tool box for $50 from my buddy's divorce #2 and a '03 Yamaha 450WRF for $1500 during his divorce#1

;)I have a similar situation, I just returned from vacation and find all my brewing equipment missing! Give me your address, I will give you your 50 dollars back as a reward for finding it!

dang, that is sad but man you made out like bandits :rockin:

You may want to drive by and have 911 on speed dial in case their is a feud over the missing brew equipment.

As long as he doesn't know where I live then it's OK :D and if he finds out I have a mossburg waiting for him :eek:

Whoa... total deja vu. Wasn't there a post like this not too long ago?

Great for you, bad for him. Then again, if his divorce was the joyous event that mine was maybe he's so happy that he just doesn't care. :D

<<<<<<-----Just called his wife to make sure that "we're still cool..."

I feel left out. People around here don't get divorced much. The younger ones don't both getting married and the older couples wouldn't know how to live alone. Besides, the best I could hope for would be an old tractor and some goats.

First I want to say I in no way condone taking advantage of others during time of duress. This was just too good to pass up

40Q Polarware pot with Ball Valve, and blichman brewmometer
Blichman Plate chiller
March 809 Pump
~20' silicone tubing
3 6 gal glass carboys

All for 50 bones!! A divorced woman was selling off her husbands stuff brew stuff while he was on vacation with his mistress (or so she said) Eitherway I just couldn't pass it up!!

I had to read this again but she is divorced from him and still has his stuff and calls his new girlfriend his "mistress"?

I had to read this again but she is divorced from him and still has his stuff and calls his new girlfriend his "mistress"?

Guess what I am thinking now is I would have turned down his stuff. They are divorced and he has moved on it appears. She really has no right (or moral right) to sell his stuff without his approval but if he left it behind and it is hers then the story is just a woman selling some of her stuff that used to belong to her ex she now owns. It is not like they are married and he is on vacation with his mistress.

Just like I said in the other "divorce score" thread. The ***** sold it just cause she wanted to get under his skin. No way would I have taken it, even for free.

I think we all have missed an important point that may soften the sympathetic blow... OP didn't imply that the equipment was in the process of being used; this may have likely been a discarded hobby for the original owner.

It could have all been "junk" laying out in the garage! :D

Ok guys here is the real question. Would you leave your brewing supplies at your now or soon to be ex-wife's house? Hell no!!!!

Ok guys here is the real question. Would you leave your brewing supplies at your now or soon to be ex-wife's house? Hell no!!!!

Exactly, if he cared about it he would have had it with him...

Mistress is the term I used. Her was a bit more brash. Something along the likes of thunderc***ted c*ck w**re. They are technically still married until the papers go through and he took a "business trip" to hawaii with from what I understood their savings.... A real cheap thing to do and I bet she was peeved about it hence the great score. As for her.....I probably would have thrown it to her after a few IIPAs, if it was dark, and I left right after, and nobody saw.

Oh yeah it was a yard sale.......

Exactly, if he cared about it he would have had it with him...

....but we don't know anything about the 'mistress' yet, might be worth replacing a few personal items....just saying, oh and I am happily married.

nice score. :mug:

oh, and another thing....if he finds you and wants it back, $50 sounds right plus a little extra time for a few batches....you know, to keep the karma flowing in the right direction plus get something for the trouble you went through to save his equipment and all.

Later,

Wow, even my ex, crazy and hateful as she was, never thought to sell my brewing equipment.

Probably because she knew I would sue for damages :D

Hmmm.. time to start cruising Craigslist for posts with "Divorce" as the keyword. I dont think Thunder****ing cockwhore is searchable.

Back