Bottled my pumpkin ale last night.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faub007

Reaction score
Made from northern brewers smashing pumpkin kit plus some baked bumpkin and a bottle of blackstrap. I baked half the blackstrap with the pumpkin and put the other half in at flameout.

Tasted good going into the bottles. Can't wait for Halloween!

image-1970470633.jpg

image-2229110008.jpg

image-811644219.jpg

image-625449675.jpg

Tasted it tonight. Had good carbonation. The blackstrap and spices are just right for me. I feel like it needs a few more weeks in the bottle.

image-1019726183.jpg

image-1970984158.jpg

That looks really nice. I am going to have to remember black strap when I am brewing. I can see what that would lend to a pumpkin brew.

I tested a bottle of pumpkin ale we made this weekend from an ale kit and roast pumpkin. I have never opened a beer that blew the clamp of a grolsch style bottle. The flip top clamp flew across the kitchen and half the bottle fountained out. Luckily that was from a one gallon test batch. We are cutting back the priming sugar for the remaining five gallons.

I bet that was quite a surprise! There is a thread on here where one guy grilled his pumpkin. I will most likely do that next year with this recipe.

That looks really nice. I am going to have to remember black strap when I am brewing. I can see what that would lend to a pumpkin brew.

I tested a bottle of pumpkin ale we made this weekend from an ale kit and roast pumpkin. I have never opened a beer that blew the clamp of a grolsch style bottle. The flip top clamp flew across the kitchen and half the bottle fountained out. Luckily that was from a one gallon test batch. We are cutting back the priming sugar for the remaining five gallons.

Not that it couldn't be the priming sugar, but I have had this problem before as well, and it was infection. Bacteria eating the sugars that the yeast can't. Hopefully you fixed the problem.

Back