Son of Wesley Snipes: Smoked Out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpandnz

Reaction score
So here is my recipe that I laid down. I need to gauge whether I decrease my dry hops on this beer.

I was aiming to create a unique black beer, with a hint of smoke, some coffee, chocolate and then a smashing of citrus and fruit hops. Its called Son of Wesley Snipes: Smoked Out, because my last beer was a Black beer with british hops and no smoke.

Here are the ingredients:
150grams of Heavily Peated Malt
300grams of Roasted Barley
200grams of Dark Crystal (Crystal 120)

Steeped in 11 litres of water for 30 mins.

Then added a Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 kit to the water, bring to boil and leave boiling for 5 mins.

Then added 30grams of Motueka (NZ B Saaz) 30grams of Nelson Sauv and 60grams of NZ Cascade Hops for 10 mins

In the final 2 mins of boil, I added 20grams of Motueka, 20grams of Nelson Sauv and 40grams of Cascade for the 2 mins.

Added a can of Coopers Dark Ale, added the chilled wort and topped up to 23 litres. Pitched yeast, bubbling strong.

Now my question is really, I feel like I wanna smash the cascades hard in dry hopping and am considering 150grams for 7 days. You reckon this might be way too much considering my boil schedule? It smells fantastic from what I smell coming out the airlock right now.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Cheers
Ben

Latest posts

Back