Fuller's Honey Dew Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armitage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone out there have a good Fuller's Honey Dew clone? Alternatively, do any of you more experienced members want to suggest how to reproduce it from scratch? (all grain or partial mash) - any advice is appreciated!

Cheers to all!

I've not had Fuller's Honey Dew before, so can't comment from personal experience. From Fuller's website, it says:

Organic Honey Dew is an organic, refreshing golden beer. Brewed to 5% ABV with the finest organic honey and English malts and hops for a wonderfully balanced, zesty beer with a hint of sweetness.

That sounds like an English-style pale ale with honey added to it. I brew a version of that and the recipe is in the HBT recipe database at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f78/white-house-honey-ale-2nd-place-2013-chicago-cup-400185/ From the Fuller's site, it looks like their Honey Dew is a little lighter than my English honey ale, so maybe sub out the Munich for more pale malt. The quality of the honey is important in this recipe, the honey character is what makes this beer remarkable, in my opinion.

Again, I haven't had Fuller's Honey Dew so can't say from experience how close this recipe is to it. But, if others don't have a clone recipe, perhaps this is a starting point for you.

And welcome to HBT!

great! thanks so much for the pointers and welcome! Having tasted it, I suspect it's a little close to a blonde ale with some almost kolsch-like characteristics. The hunt continues! Thanks again

Back