Boddington Clone? Anyone got a good one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truble

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, was out with the wife and some friends last night, a trip into Boston for some pizza in the North End, and some pastries and coffees in Cafe Vittoria..great way to spend a night..well, on the way home, we decided to stop into John Stone's Publick House in Ashland, MA- a great place BTW. Anyhoo....on with the story. My wife is NOT a beer drinker, she is actually not much of a drinker at all, mostly a glass of wine. Last night, she decided to drink beer with us. Bass with the pizza, then she got a Boddington's with our friends (I opted for a couple Murphy's)...and she liked it! She asked if it was something that I might be able to make, so.......Anyone have a good clone for Boddington's (pub draught, I believe) I am doing extract w/grains now, but plan on moving to AG soon, so either recipe would be welcome!

thx in advance

Bitter, thanks!

As for the first reply, I do not have beer captured yet, though I also find that people who have experience brewing a match for commercials tend to have great advice!

BODDINGTONS BITTER(recipe taken from"BREW YOUR OWN BRITISH REAL ALE AT HOME"by graham wheeler and roger protz
5 us gallon
pale ale malt 5.85lb
crystal malt 5oz
white sugar 3.3oz
START OF BOIL
whitbread golding hops 2.1oz
LAST 15 MINS OF BOIL
golding hops 0.3oz
fuggle hops 0.15oz
irish moss 0.3oz
MASH AT 151F FOR 90 MINS
BOIL FOR 90 MINS
OG 1035 FG 1007
IBU 37 EBC 14
MALT EXTRACT VERSION replace pale malt with 4.5lb of pale malt extract.
good luck!

Thx Brewchick! thx also Alemonkey- I think that I am going to pick up beer captured too.

little late on this one. but i just started lookin around for a boddington clone...so thanx for everyone back in 2006! haha. glad they keep these things around for so long!

Nitro is key to clone this. It makes a significant difference to how the drinker perceives the mouthfeel and ultimately the perception of flavor thereafter.

Latest posts

Back