Matt's new brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpcluever

Reaction score
Got my employee discount at Midwest Supplies today and brought the first bits of my brewery home. I'll post pics as stuff comes together. Looking for any feedback good or bad :tank:

This is on the Water In Hose on the immersion chiller. Connects to my sump pump carboy washer in ice water to finish chilling. Quick connect to pull the long hose off when it's done.
Got new quick connects for all my hose connections so everything just jacks in.

2012-03-04_20-28-11_828.jpg

Got the Blichmann Autosparge

2012-03-04_20-28-35_633.jpg

Here's the upgraded carboy washer. Hoses for a keg and another to connect to the spigot on my Better Bottles. The wand disconnects to allow me to connect it to the immersion chiller and run cleaner through my tap lines. I'm going to replace the vinyl hose with silicone because the vinyl is just stiff enough to piss me off.

2012-02-02_23-11-43_494-6.jpg

Just going through pics of some recent projects.

Here's the 4 way stir plate I made. Fits everything from a 100ml flask or gallon jugs.

2011-12-31_18-46-11_964-7.jpg

Ya I considered trying to use a toilet float, but there was a bunch of grease, and just couldn't work out the logistics to applying it to a mash tun. For $30, I'm hopeful it will automate the input of hot liquor. I'm pretty disappointed how short the arm is. My kettle is going to be 21" across, so I'm going to find out what thread it is and get a longer stainless threaded rod. I want to be able to set it for a 5 gal batch up to 15 gal.

Speaking of the Autosparge, maybe someone can help point me in the right direction. I don't really want to use the foam floats that come with it to float the end of the hose. What I think would work and I've seen a video of another brewer using a plastic jointed tube that you'd use to shoot oil on a CNC machine. If anyone knows where to get something like that, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I was thinking just attaching the hose to the arm down by the float.

Here's a pic of the pump. I'm going to enclose it in a toolbox as a temporary measure until I get a stand built.

2012-03-04_20-29-28_646.jpg

Back