"Big Mouth Bubbler" Review (w/photos)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/6-5-...0423_Big+Mouth+Bubbler+Plastic+Product+Email#

Has anyone had any experience with this particular Fermenter? I see the glass model's review, but this is the plastic version and it looks like the lid is different. Doesn't really have a good shot of it from the top. It has an add on for a dual port lid for a thermowell.

Nice. I am looking to get one of these to try out soon. I like the glass, but more pricey and heavier, and more breakable. These look to be a good size. Maybe I could fit 3 in my ferm chamber??

I just saw these at the Korean market for $22. Same exact thing but in kewl purple color ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398918291.449267.jpg

I know it's been a while since someone responded to this thread, but I'm wondering now that folks have had a lot of time to use the Big Mouth Bubblers, would you still recommend them? I'm brand spankin' new to brewing and am about to make one of my first purchases (aside from the brew kit that I received for Christmas). I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a Better Bottle until I saw the Big Mouth Bubbler. Two questions:

1. Big Mouth Bubbler or Better Bottle? Why?

2. Does the spigot turn (from the outside) like the Better Bottle spigot does. I like that feature as it seems like that would help maximize the amount of beer you get while minimizing the amount of trub you pick up.

Latest posts

Back