Aussie brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driller

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have been following this forum for a few years now and have gained so much knowledge here and for this I thank everyone who share thier builds and ideas here.

I am now onto building my second brewery my first was a 50lt HERMs sytem made from Kegs. I am now building a 300lt or 80gal brewery. I still have not decided what kind of circulating system to use( I am open to opinions please ). I am building this with the possibility of going commercial nano brewery or just have a kick ass home brewery!!

The main specs are

400lt or 105 gal insulated direct fired Kettle
300lt or 80 gal insulated mash tun mounted on a tipper
200lt or 52 gal HLT electricaly heated 2 x 3500w elements

I want to use a instant hotwater system to save on gas and power usage for intial strike temps.

Anyway here is the progress so far..

IMG_0006[1].jpg

IMG_0088[1].jpg

IMG_0090[1].jpg

IMG_0091[1].jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Awesome build! You're going to love the electric hlt, why not electric for the bk? I love my all electric setup, and am partial to herms. 80 gallons, good grief.

_

Looks pretty good, i'm in oz too, where did you get those tanks from and how much? I'm looking to upgrade my system to 150L.

Hockadays

I got them from my local home brew store TWOC about $1800 for the lot, wich is dirt cheap for new stainless tanks in Australia, They are actually open top wine fermentation tanks from italy. I have found that wine tanks are a lot cheaper than purpose built brewing tanks.

Ok, so the welding is all done now!! Just have to install fittings and the control panel, and we'll be ready to rock and roll! I've bought some 200L cone bottom tanks that will become the fermenters. I'll post some more photos as soon as I get them. :mug:

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Just curious if you ever turned this setup into a commercial nanobrewery and how many kegs you can produce in 1 brew batch?

Tubrewer

Back