Anyone use Dalex stout faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
I just bought this stout faucet on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280465435517&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1182

I've read that these Dalex plastic handles could possibly have a unique threading that won't be compatible with normal shanks without some type of adapter. But I'm sure they can also come with proper threading and I'm hoping thats true for this one. The seller says it can just be screwed on and it's ready to go, but who trusts ebay sellers. Regardless, it was only $25 shipped so not a huge loss if it can't be used.

I'm also wondering how well they work if it does fit. I know a plastic faucet doesn't look as cool as a nice stainless or brass one, but the price was good and I need one sooner than later for a party I'm throwing next weekend. Do they function as well as their more aesthetic counterparts?

Thought I would update this thread since no one seems to have any experience with the Dalex faucets. It works great! Better actually than the guinness brass faucet I have. If anyone needs a stout faucet but doesn't want to spend a bunch of money, these are a good way to go.

Yeah, the threads are exactly the same as my other stout faucet and all my perlicks. Was it a good deal? I haven't seen any others sell so I don't know what they typically run.

Back