Your 3 favorite breweries in Boulder, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipaman00

Reaction score
I will be in Boulder, CO for a day and a half next week. What are your 3 must visit breweries? Avery, Fate, Upslope, Twisted Pine, Boulder Beer, Mountain Sun? Liquor Mart and Hazel's have been mentioned in other threads as the best craft beer selection in Boulder or is there something better? thanks in advance :mug:

Avery for sure. They have a large selection of beers that you can only get at the tap house...totally worth it. Boulder Beer gives you 4 oz. flights ;) and Upslope has some good brews. Haven't visited the others but, fit in as many as you can.

'Nuff said.

AveryFlight.jpg

BoulderFlight.jpg

Left Hand Brewery is in Longmont, about a 25-30 minute drive from Boulder according to Google. Just throwing that out there if you have the time/wheels to go just a little out of the way.

Go up to Fort Collins instead!! Seriously though, if you are into mead I would swing by Redstone Meadery too while you are in town.

I lived in Boulder for 10+ years and now I live about 30 minutes north. Pretty good list so far, in my opinion.

Avery, Upslope, Mountain Sun and Twisted Pine would easily be my top 4 in Boulder. Also, I completely agree with the guy above who recommended the short drive north to Longmont to Left Hand, which is probably in my Top 5 breweries in Colorado along with Odell, Trinity, Avery and Dry Dock. I'd put it above some of the other great ones like New Belgium, Great Divide, Crooked Stave, etc, which are all great too.

Have fun! Boulder is a unique and beautiful place. I wish I could afford to still live there. :)

Dan

If you're going to Longmont may as well hit up Oskar Blues, cajun and good beer.

-- Nathan

Man, I don't know what it is, but I just cannot get next to Oskar Blues. People, especially out of state people it seems, go nuts for that place but it's one of my least favorite breweries in the state. They were one of the pioneers in canning craft beer and they seem to have a very aggressive and effective business strategy (they've grown like crazy), but I've just never really liked many of their beers. Anyway, that's neither here nor there, just my opinion. Just so I don't go completely off-topic for the OP: I do agree they do have pretty good food at the Longmont location so if you're looking to eat at one of these places too, that's your best bet.

Dan

Avery (and since you are there, walk down the street about 2 blocks and hit Asher Brewing)
Upslope
Sanitas

Back