Would this be safe to use a a primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These scratch super easy on the inside. Like the first time I poured the dog food in you could see them. they are not the greatest and honestly have douts about the foodsafeness of them. You would be better off going to a local big box or Winco if you have one and buying food-safe screw top 5 or 10 gal buckets.

I'll throw in another vote for the Fermonster. I got a 7.5 gallon (I think) one with the spigot on it last year, and it's great. No more fiddling around trying to clean a glass carboy with a brush through a tiny hole, and no more siphoning. The only thing with plastic is you have to be careful not to put anything in them that would scratch it (brushes, metal spoons, etc.).

I have a couple fermonsters. I love them.

But I now ferment and serve in the same keg. So they sit idle.

Yeah, if you are doing CO2 closed transfers, used kegs or fermzilla all-rounder can be found for $45-65, and are the best options, imo.

If you are not doing closed transfers, fermonster is a good option. (I've converted a fermonster for CO2 transfer, and it's no longer worth the hassle with all-rounders avaiable for $10 more).

If you just want the cheapest option, food safe buckets.

Good Luck.

Back