White Labs 029

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.IPA

Reaction score
I have been making starter’s with White Labs 029 for a long time and never any trouble. The last two have been a problem. The starter was OK but after pitching in the fermentor it took nearly 20 hrs to become active. Decided to get a new package for brew day tomorrow. Has been nearly 4 hrs and nothing and yes it is on a stir plate! Is anyone else having this prob? THANKS

I have been making starter’s with White Labs 029 for a long time and never any trouble. The last two have been a problem. The starter was OK but after pitching in the fermentor it took nearly 20 hrs to become active. Decided to get a new package for brew day tomorrow. Has been nearly 4 hrs and nothing and yes it is on a stir plate! Is anyone else having this prob? THANKS
I've had nothing but good luck with 029. It can take a little bit to get started, especially if you ferment cold. I'm anywhere between 62-65, and it usually takes off from a starter within 12-18 hours. But I haven't used it in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had nothing but good luck with 029. It can take a little bit to get started, especially if you ferment cold. I'm anywhere between 62-65, and it usually takes off from a starter within 12-18 hours. But I haven't used it in awhile.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen activity within just four hours. Now I feel like I've been doing it wrong all these years :O

Back