What you think about this march pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellijo89

Reaction score
Ive been lurkin ebay lately for a pump for my 2 vessel single pump eHerms, pretty much decided on a March 809 pump since i didn't want to pay for the LG. The one i found today (March-809-PL-HS-C) is like 5-10 cheaper then the standard ones on ebay and free shipping. Only catch is the intake is 3/8". here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/March-809-PL-HS-C-115V-High-Temperature-Pump-/220624296948?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335e3b9bf4

what you guys think, pro-cons? ive read a couple threads about it. Seems like it would do the job. any serious concerns i should know that would change my mind from buying it?

thanks, josh

I think it will work just fine. Don't let the 3/8" inlet worry you. The inlet is threaded both internally and externally. IOW, if you use the 3/4" external threads, the actual opening, or inside diameter of the port will be about 5/8". The 3/8" pipe has a nominal OD of 0.675", but the clear opening will be somewhat smaller as the pipe threads will reduce that a little. It's not a big deal if you need to use a 3/4" x 1/2" to get down to the hose size you want to use. Generally, so long as the pump inlet opening is at least the same size as the outlet, it won't create any significant restriction.

Back