What to buy once fermentation is over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdman

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for some advice on what to buy to finish off the wine I'm making. I've made two consecutive orders already and still missing things! So hopefully, third time's a charm.

I've finished fermentation on a rose, and a red.
They are now both in 8litre glass carboys.
I've added campden powder to both. 1/4 teaspoon to the red. And 1/4 of 1/4 teaspoon to the rose which I plan to do natural carbonation on.
However, I've since learned I need to purchase potassium sobate for the red to block fermentation. The campden isn't enough on its own.
I want to clear the wine, and I have some bentonite, as well as Young's 2 part wine finings. Clarificante para vino - Para 23 litros Young´s | www.cocinista.es

I guess my three main questions are:

Is there anything else I should be buying? I haven't done anything with regards to PH. Should I buy some PH strips? What would you recommend for increasing/decreasing PH?

Is degorging done with plastic corks? Or do I need to put a bottle top on for degorging? (That's what I've seen on youtube being used)

The last thing is, the red is very sour tasting. Should I be buying something to improve flavour?

I'll be buying from this shop Hacer vino en casa

Bottling wise, I have some corks for normal wine bottles with corker, as well as some Moscato bottles, plastic corks and the cages.
I also have some champagne yeast: Levadura para vinos espumosos (Champ) - 7 g Vinoferm | www.cocinista.es

Back