Using the Brewtroller with Raspberry Pi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michadelphia

Reaction score
Hello! It has been years since I posted here. It is nice to be back!

I apologize as this topic may have already been discussed over the years.

I have decided to bring more automation to my brew set up. I purchased the Brewtroller many years ago with aspirations to create a marvelous set up with bells, whistles, lights, and you name it... Then life caught up to me and I had to shelf that idea. Now, it's off the shelf, and I've been trying to get it started up but I have been unsuccessful. Going online, I found out that the company no longer exists. So any tech support may be lost and I am on my own. As this is an open source product, I am sure that I can get it up and running.

I have a Raspberry Pi and like what I am seeing with the BrewPi software. However, I don't want to invest $150+ for the BrewPi add on unit if I can use something that I already have. (Such as the Brewtroller). I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, but I was hoping that there were others out there that incorporated the two in a brew set up. My computer knowledge is growing slowly so I may be completely off here, so please be kind. :)

Cheers!

Wasn't the Brewtroller a "hot-side" brew day manager?
BrewPi is a "cold-side" device that manages the fermentation cycle (and beyond if one uses Profiles) but afaik never grew a "brew day" function.
Not sure there's a bolt-together fit here...

Cheers!

Back