Traveling to Vancouver, BC in April - Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoggyWood

Reaction score
Hello!

My wife and I will be in Vancouver, BC in early April.

This is my first trip to Vancouver and we will be staying downtown near the Vancouver Convention Center.

Any suggestions on local breweries and/or brewpubs in the vicinity? I searched and found several in the area but would really appreciate some feedback on must-hit spots.

thanks in advance.

Agree with Steamworks for a local sampling, and it's easy walking distance for you. Also, a 10 minute cab ride gets you to Biercraft on Commercial Drive, which is a great eclectic strip you should try and visit. Here's a link to their beer list:

http://biercraft.com/commercial/beer-list/

Steam Works is a must. Great food and brew.

That was one I was thinking could be good as it is very close to where we will stay. Thanks for the suggestion.

Agree with Steamworks for a local sampling, and it's easy walking distance for you. Also, a 10 minute cab ride gets you to Biercraft on Commercial Drive, which is a great eclectic strip you should try and visit. Here's a link to their beer list:

http://biercraft.com/commercial/beer-list/

That's a good looking beer list! I will have to look up this part of town, too.

We will be there just shy of a week so I'm thinking we will have the opportunity to hit several places.

Thanks both for the suggestions. If anyone else has any good spots, please, don't hesitate to share them.

Man, I can't believe I forgot about the Tap & Barrel - it's literally one block west of you, and as I recall it has a great beer & wine selection that focuses on local sourcing. Definitely suggest you hit them up.

If you don't mind a little walk, the Alibi Room, right near Hastings and Main has about 40 taps. Get the fratbat.

A little further afield Powell Street is good. Storm on Hastings and Commercial is the grandfather of craft breweries in Vancouver. Also Brassneck has some good beers.

If you don't mind a little walk, the Alibi Room, right near Hastings and Main has about 40 taps. Get the fratbat.

A little further afield Powell Street is good. Storm on Hastings and Commercial is the grandfather of craft breweries in Vancouver. Also Brassneck has some good beers.

Thanks for the additional recommendations. Really appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Back