• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Tiered All Grain Home Brew Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottseabs

Reaction score
Selling my starter all grain home brew setup as I have upgraded my system. This is a RIMS system (recirculating infusion mash system) where the bottom cooler is the mash tun and top is the hot liquor tank. The pump and heater (1400 watt) plug into the control panel where you set your mash tun and recirculate. I've put over $200 in updating tubing, quick disconnects, tubing, and ball valves.

Typical brew day is heating the strike water in the boil kettle, pump into mash tun, mash in, recirculate mash, fly sparge from HLT while draining into boil kettle, boil, and cool to pitch temps into carboy. Makes 5 (perhaps could push10) gallons of great home brew.

Pictured:
-10 gallon Blichmann G2 kettle. It is setup as a mash tun right now and I will also provide the false bottom, but this is what I used for the boil kettle.
-Blichmann auto sparge. I bought, installed, and never used on a batch.
-15 gallon stock pot. Could be used for additional boil kettle.
-(2) 10 gallon coolers - one is a mash tun, the other is a hot liquor tank.
-March pump
-(4) 5 gallon carboys
-6 gallon carboy
-Anvil burner with leg extensions - 72,000 BTU/Hr
-Propane tank, about 1/2 filled
-Water filter
-10 amp control panel (breaker) that includes: outlet for pump; outlet for heating element; temperature probe.
-Bungs (not pictured, but will provide)
-Appropriate hoses - 1/2" high temp silicone.

One thing that I would advise getting is an immersion or plate chiller.

I'm asking $800 for everything and would like to sell everything together. I would like to sell local - I'm located in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities, MN.

Please let me know if you have any questions. This is a great system.

Attachments

• IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4475.jpg
    IMG_4475.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4474.jpg
    IMG_4474.jpg