This Pilot brewery for sale…should I buy one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easygoing

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just wanted to get some feed back on this ad that I am looking into. I am an all grain brewer and this looks to me to be a good deal…thoughts?

("For sale is an automated pilot brewing system. It is the engine that drives the hot side of the brewing process and some of the cold. The stand itself has been constructed of both stainless steel as well as mild steel. The stainless is used where you can expect to have some contact with liquids while the legs and cross supports are mild steel so as to make it more affordable for home brewers. The stand is fitted with two banjo burners capable of 210,000 BTU's per burner. They are controlled electronically by a pilot lighting system that fires when a higher temperature is called for. (They can both be controlled automatically by the control units or overridden for manual control just by flipping a switch). Each burner has a mount/wind guard to keep flame and heat consistent regardless of wind or stand location. Mounted to the stands are two march pumps which have been supplied with Chugger Pumps stainless steel center fed food grade heads. These are multipurpose and can be used during both the Hot and Cold side of the brewing process. They also have custom made guards that protect them from any liquid spillage. The stand's legs sit on caster wheels which can be adjusted level to compensate for any uneven ground where it may stand. The propane plumbing consists of half inch black pipe mostly with each burner having its own needle valve as to allow for any minor flame/temperature adjustments to be made by its owner, and to act as backup emergency shut off valves. Also inline are two solenoid valves (one per burner) that when the temperature control units call for heat, open and close automatically (These too can be controlled manually when needed to just by flipping a switch). The propane hose from stand to propane tank (propane tank not included) is 15 feet long and has a regulator that will allow a person to dial in the wanted pressure for a perfect flame (Also, the burners themselves have a shutter that will also be useful to that end). The control panned is mounted on an adjustable swing arm that can allow you to move and tilt the panel as needed. It has two short extension cord 'tails' from the bottom of the control panel to supply power (running american standard 110v), a main power toggle switch and indicator light, two Ranco digital control units each with a toggle switch and indicator light, two toggle switch manual/automatic pilot light controls, and two toggle switches and indicator lights to allow power controlling the pumps. The Ranco digital controls are able to control the heating function of the brew stands via a temperature probe that is usually inserted into the thermowell of your kettles. These temperature probes come out from the side of the control panel and have cords to reach to your pots and kettles regardless of how you decide to arrange them.The pictures should help to clarify some of these descriptions, although picture quality isn't great. . .I am in the process of setting up a website where they are much better quality. I would be glad to show them off to those of you interested! The asking price is $2999 per stand. If you do some looking online, I am confident that you'll not find a better quality and designed stand for that price. In fact, with my price point, a person can turn around and buy the best kettles on the market and still not have paid as much buying from me as you would if you were to have purchased a brew sculpture from a distributor like Morebeer or Northernbrewer where both the stand and the kettles are lower quality and poorer design. Thanks for your interest!

Brew Engine Pilot Systems

One last thing. . .I would also consider delivering the stands personally for the extra cost of time and materials within a reasonable radius of where I live in central Washington (if your looking at an ad. I posted then your not too far away that I won't consider delivery :). As for trades, the only interest I would have in trading would be for a classic motorcycle project or the right classic car project.")

See pictures and ad at: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4889349623.html

I went and had a look at these and they are really solid! The owner who makes them is really personable and was willing to work with me on the price. My first time brewing on my new system will be saturday! Can't wait!

Back