Thinking of going to a simpler brew system from my current 3 "pot" system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgabrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering moving to a system like the Vevor all in one brewing system. I picked it because the Grainfather is too expensive for my budget and the Digiboil based systems seem too basic. I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who have experience with this device.

Attachments

• vevor.jpg
    vevor.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
While cost is an important variable, customer support for the times when an issue arises, and company health to give a warm fuzzy that the company will still be in business over the life of the product should also be considered. I‘ve never heard of this brand, it could be close enough to another device that parts can be interchangeable.

I am considering moving to a system like the Vevor all in one brewing system. I picked it because the Grainfather is too expensive for my budget and the Digiboil based systems seem too basic. I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who have experience with this device.

Not trying to bust chops here but that and the digiboil/brewzilla are pretty much exactly the same.

Small differences in malt pipe but other than that ain't much difference that i can see.

What do you have against the kegland products? I've had my 65L Brewzilla going on three years and couldn't be happier.

I have not heard anything about that co. I have an Anvil Foundry 10.5 and I’m perfectly happy with it. Their customer service is great and they sell a line of accessories.
I purchased mine w the recirc kit but only used it once or twice.
Good luck with whichever system you choose.

Not trying to bust chops here but that and the digiboil/brewzilla are pretty much exactly the same.

Small differences in malt pipe but other than that ain't much difference that i can see.

What do you have against the kegland products? I've had my 65L Brewzilla going on three years and couldn't be happier.
Nothing against Kegland. It is just a comparable system to the Vevor is about $145 more. That said, Vevor is a huge company in the food service industry so the customer service by Kegland may be worth the $145.

As a newby who has done a few all grain batches with brew in a bag and a cooler mash tun I purchased the Vevor brewing system to simplify the process. The Vevor has a built in circulator pump, immersion chiller and hop basket included for a reasonable price. I have found that the 1800 watt element provides an effective boil, losing about a gallon of volume from a 6 gallon batch in 1 hour. I found that setting the temp control about 10 degrees lower than your desired mash temp kept it in the range expected. The temp control is adjustable so as I become more familiar with the unit I may try to calibrate it closer. The instruction manual is not as clear as I would like. I would suggest using a mesh brew bag in the grain basket because the perforated malt pipe screen is course and allows too much grain matter into the wort and the bag seems to improve efficiency. Overall I think the system has a lot going for it for the money spent.

As a newby who has done a few all grain batches with brew in a bag and a cooler mash tun I purchased the Vevor brewing system to simplify the process. The Vevor has a built in circulator pump, immersion chiller and hop basket included for a reasonable price. I have found that the 1800 watt element provides an effective boil, losing about a gallon of volume from a 6 gallon batch in 1 hour. I found that setting the temp control about 10 degrees lower than your desired mash temp kept it in the range expected. The temp control is adjustable so as I become more familiar with the unit I may try to calibrate it closer. The instruction manual is not as clear as I would like. I would suggest using a mesh brew bag in the grain basket because the perforated malt pipe screen is course and allows too much grain matter into the wort and the bag seems to improve efficiency. Overall I think the system has a lot going for it for the money spent.
Thank you for the feedback. Have you had any reason to contact their customer service and if so how good/bad was it? Does it require a 240 volt plug and if so what kind?

I've been watching this thread to see if anyone on here actually uses a Vevor product, as I've seen them listed in many low-rent arenas. I've never encountered anyone using Vevor anything.. and they cover the waterfront in cheap Chinese products for a great many fields.... import and slap their name on it.. If you want to go that route, just look to Aliexpress and you'll find the same unit without the name 'Vevor' on it for a fraction of the price, and as always; Caveat Emptor.
Seriously: Look to the brands made by and for the homebrew folk.
..just my 2-cents. :bigmug:

Thank you for the feedback. Have you had any reason to contact their customer service and if so how good/bad was it? Does it require a 240 volt plug and if so what kind?
I contacted customer support about a misinterpretation I had of assembling the malt pipe and they were helpful. I have the 110 volt unit and was happy to find the boiling was more rigorous than was described with some other brands with a 110 volt element. I think a 240 volt version is only available in Europe. I would like to hear the opinion of more experienced brewers familiar with the Vevor system. So far I'm satisfied with the unit and will post any further developments

I've been watching this thread to see if anyone on here actually uses a Vevor product, as I've seen them listed in many low-rent arenas. I've never encountered anyone using Vevor anything.. and they cover the waterfront in cheap Chinese products for a great many fields.... import and slap their name on it.. If you want to go that route, just look to Aliexpress and you'll find the same unit without the name 'Vevor' on it for a fraction of the price, and as always; Caveat Emptor.
Aliexpress has a unit identical to the Vevor system, the only difference is I bought the Vevor from Walmart for $299, $450 at Aliexpress, so much for your 2-cents I would suspect that all of the lower priced all in one electric brewing systems are made in China

I've never heard about Brewzilla's, Digiboils, or Foundry's being so out of spec as that.... So much for your "$299 at Walmart"
:p

When I was contemplating an all in one system I almost went the M&B because it was cheap. I took the advise of my Aunt , who has had many brews on her Grainfather. She told me it's worth the price.

I pulled the trigger and purchased the GF. It was definitely more expensive then the M&B and some of the other AIO systems. I'd do it all over again. It's a great system .

This is the fourth Vevor post I've seen after never hearing it before. Multiple of which are from completely brand new members. I had to do a search to see if it was a legit product or if people are joining to "ask questions" about it just to advertise it haha. It still in a similar price range as the other "tried and true" all in one systems. Fishy or nah?

In this AI-bot infested world we live in, I have my suspicions too. While I fully relate to the need to penny-pinch, I get offended when newbies who haven't the experience to give a true review of cheap gear and offered themselves up as Guinea-pigs for cheap import company, start getting snarky to defend their money-choices.... I'm gonna be snarky back as those of us with limited funds that require functionality & longevity are still waiting for experienced, detailed and reliable reviews. As yet, Vevor has no such advocate, but Thank-You! @Stanley Thomas for posting the actual unit in use! Hopefully we can hear more about it's actual use and it's potential as a possibly worthy other brand than "It's Cheap!...YAY!" Oh...Here's his post: 1 st all grain in a beer machine! :p

I've got no dog in the fight but it should be pointed out that you're probably not going to see a lot of people who are experienced brewers grabbing an AIO system, because they already have an entire garage full of gear. If not two garages full. I for one think they look so cool, I almost would like to have one. But I would have to be out of my mind to go buy more crap above and beyond what I already have.

It just stands to reason that new users will mostly be the guys having these things. It doesn't really make their opinion any less valuable.

I've got no dog in the fight but it should be pointed out that you're probably not going to see a lot of people who are experienced brewers grabbing an AIO system, because they already have an entire garage full of gear. If not two garages full. I for one think they look so cool, I almost would like to have one. But I would have to be out of my mind to go buy more crap above and beyond what I already have.

It just stands to reason that new users will mostly be the guys having these things. It doesn't really make their opinion any less valuable.
I just bought one. Believe me, I've got some gear already. [edit] to be clear, I didn't buy this vevor thing. I bought one from SS Brewtech.

I just bought one. Believe me, I've got some gear already. [edit] to be clear, I didn't buy this vevor thing. I bought one from SS Brewtech.
I didn't say nobody would switch over to them. I was just saying that it shouldn't surprise anybody that the majority of people who buy them would be new brewers making a choice between buying it or buying conventional gear. Not so much the people buying one with the expressed intent of rendering their old equipment obsolete.

So have you used the thing yet and is it worth the expense? Do you need to have more of them to replicate the ability of your three pot system? If so, how many? For instance a couple weekends ago I made two 10 gallon batches on one day. When I was finished I could have made another batch the next day. How would that work in one of these things?

You are the first such person to post in the thread, yet you didn't answer any of the Ops questions.

I didn't say nobody would switch over to them. I was just saying that it shouldn't surprise anybody that the majority of people who buy them would be new brewers making a choice between buying it or buying conventional gear. Not so much the people buying one with the expressed intent of rendering their old equipment obsolete.

So have you used the thing yet and is it worth the expense? Do you need to have more of them to replicate the ability of your three pot system? If so, how many? For instance a couple weekends ago I made two 10 gallon batches on one day. When I was finished I could have made another batch the next day. How would that work in one of these things?

You are the first such person to post in the thread, yet you didn't answer any of the Ops questions.
It's worth it to me. I love the mine. I brewed on it 3 times yesterday, and my 3V system is right next to it! As I said, I don't have the Vevor machine so can't comment on that, but generally speaking these AIO systems are easy to clean and compact. If the OP is looking to simplify, they do that.

I got the SVBS from SS Brewtech.

I brewed on it 3 times yesterday
?? You were able to complete three Brews in one day? If so, that's pretty impressive. I did two a few weekends ago starting at 7:30 a.m. and finishing at 10:00 p.m.

Is it 110 or 220 volt? Even on the product page I searched for both and couldn't find it. Did you buy it direct or go to more beer or somewhere else? I didn't even see them on more beer.

Last edited:
?? You were able to complete three Brews in one day? If so, that's pretty impressive. I did two a few weekends ago starting at 7:30 a.m. and finishing at 10:00 p.m.

Is it 110 or 220 volt? Even on the product page I searched for both and couldn't find it. Did you buy it direct or go to more beer or somewhere else? I didn't even see them on more beer.
Chamomile Wheat, Irish Dry Stout, and an IPA.

240V, 4400W element. Heatup times are very fast. I bought direct from SS Brewtech. I don't want to get into particulars because this is the wrong thread. More info here: SSBrewTech - SVBS and here: SVBS

I'm researching AIO brewing and the Vevor is definitely in my price range. Any more updates on brewing with it? Also, what sparge method do you use?
They occasionally show up in my area cheap enough for me to consider. I've been hoping someone with brewing experience can post a full review. I can deal with budgetary shortcomings of a product, but I first want to know what those shortcomings are...I know enough to never consider a Vevor still as another member posted pics of his burns from it expoloding on here.
:mug:
EDIT: I just saw the other thread... Thank You @fluketamer !

I know this isn't the thrust of your thread but just as a thought, from your title, have you thought of going BIAB? Not my thing particularly, but I see the logic in it and for many people, it seems to be the bomb. If so, I think @Bobby_M , who owns Brewer's Hardware, is really helpful.

i have seen it referred to as BIAB(asket)

the basket has advantage over the bag becasue it rests onto a holding ring after the hoist.

i feels its easier to clean the metal filter than the fabric bag.

the bag is much simpler and less equipment involved.

aio are exactly like biab just easier and you can use the same method bascially adding all your water at once

Sorry, really shouldn't be chiming in because it's not my method, but I guess I'd thought of BIAB as a simpler thing, literally a bag in a kettle, (maybe?) usually without sparging, whereas I associated AIO systems with the GF and other similar systems using a malt pipe or similar. I was just suggesting the BIAB (v. GF, etc.) as a cheaper or simpler option. But again, who the hell am I? I'm a 3V guy! 😁

aio are great for no sparge .

the recirc pump turns it into i think a rims .

if you add a induction heater on a temperature controller you basically turn a kettle with biab into a aio

the biab is def simpler cheaper and less stuff involved but the temp control mash makes a diff imo

i never tried mashing in a preheated oven but have heard that will hold temp fine for biab which would seem to simplify the process even more. and perhaps maleit easier.

the aio is also and "toy" and that to me makes it more fun. just the beeping and lights combined with a few pints of homebrew make the day a party.

if you add a bucket blaster with a clear fermenter you get a nice water feature to add to the ambiance.

😊

I've got no dog in the fight but it should be pointed out that you're probably not going to see a lot of people who are experienced brewers grabbing an AIO system, because they already have an entire garage full of gear. If not two garages full.
I got a divorce a decade or more ago and have spent years filling my bachelor farmhouse full of brewing stuff as well as finished cases of wine cider and beer. So I have more than two garages full of brewing gear. So mostly staying at my lady friend’s house these days, her fancy downdraft stove isn’t as good as my old kenmore range, and I don’t drink enuf anymore to fire up the keggle and cooler mash tun, so I broke down and ordered a digiboil to use on the patio. I was gonna throw a bag in it and do 3 gallon batches. Of course. Since I ordered from N. Brewer ($199) it hasn’t shown up yet, I’m trying to be patient. So we all go through changes and different gear may be suitable as times change.
:mug:

if you add a induction heater on a temperature controller you basically turn a kettle with biab into a aio

the biab is def simpler cheaper and less stuff involved but the temp control mash makes a diff imo

I'm a broken record, but..... "BIAB" does not describe anything about a system other than the fact that the mash is contained within a bag or a basket (take your pick if BIAB is strictly a name for a bag system if you want to). The main property is that the mash is performed inside the boil kettle and the grain is removed from the wort which remains in the boil kettle. That's it.

It does not describe:
1. how the kettle is initially heated.
2. how the mash temperature is maintained.
3. how the mash temperature is raised.
4. whether the mash liquor is static, stirred, or recirculated.
5. how the bag/basket is lifted and/or suspended in the draining position.

A BIAB system can be direct fired on a flame. It can be heated with induction or immersion style elements. It can be recirculated. It can be stirred. Sky's the limit.

An "All in One" is basically a marketing term for a fully packaged system with electric heat, grain basket, controller (and sometimes chiller and/or pump). One could make a system from DIY or commercially available components but we're less likely to call it an AIO, though it functions similarly and sometimes at higher performance.

Back