Still using Cooper Micro Brew FV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I was cleaning up just now after brew day yesterday & thought about my Cooper's Micro Brew FV sitting there in front of me with a spigot that'd no longer tighten without slipping & leaking. My Midwest shorty bucket was bubbling away with yesterday's Irish red in it. So I really hoped I could fix it, since I'll be brewing the new recipe of my whiskely stout soon & will need the FV space. Then I remembered the extra parts the member I traded the PET bottles to had also sent me. The Micro Brew airlock grommet, spigot & temp strip. I forgot I'd filed them away in the avinator box, which now is storage for bags of airlocks, grain/hop socks, etc...& the bag of spare parts I'd forgotten about. So I took out the old spigot & tried the new one. It fit better than the old one did new! So I unscrewed it to put that lil slotted trap in the other end & screwed it back in. It only needed about 1/4 turn to tighten up with the spout in the vertical position.
Any of you done some kind of save in order to keep using the older Cooper's Micro Brew FV?
With new spigot, it's the only really white part left. Outside needs a scrub down.

Latest posts

Back