• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Stainless Steel Brutus 10 Brew Stand with Burners and Controls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Complete stainless steel single tier brew rig. Comes with control panel with (4) Auber PIDs with one controlling burner for HLT and one controlling Brew kettle burner. With two controlled burners you just set BK to strike temp, and HLT to mashing temp. Allows easy step mashing and ramp up to mash out temperature. The stand has clean gas plumbing with integrated gas beam supplying gas to burners under the HLT, BK, and Mash Tun. Honeywell furnace valves control gas supply with standing pilots. The mash tun has a manual burner for direct mash heating if needed. The burners are 10" banjos with valves to adjust between natural gas and propane. Each burner has a stainless windscreen to minimize impact of brewing on windy days.

The control panel is wired with a master lighted on/off switch, selectable burner control switches with on/off/auto positions and two lighted on/off switches to control HLT and Wort pumps. Two timers are also mounted to monitor mash steps, aid with hop addition timing, etc. The panel displays four temps being HLT, HERMS (return to mash tun), brew kettle, and chiller out. The temperature indication is provided by (3) Triclamp indicators in HLT, BK, and HERMS return, and one 1/2" threaded RTD in Chiller outlet piping. It would be easy to convert to all 1/2" threaded connections as the RTD wiring is the upgraded Auber offering with removable connectors at the RTD element.

The stand is all stainless so no worries about rust. Heavy duty metal casters make moving it around easy. The stand is heavy though as it's is made from 1 3/4" square tubing. A pump rail was added to allow March or other pumps to be mounted securely yet removable if needed. In addition, a chiller mounting plate was added. Currently it is supporting a DudaDiesel 30 plate chiller that cools wort down quickly.

This brew stand is compete and ready to brew on. I'm keeping the kettles but you could add yours, modify kegs, or add Blichmann or other kettles. The pumps and chiller are negotiable but will be additional cost.

I have all the receipts for this build and the asking price is based on material purchase cost only. I enjoyed building the rig and it has produced some good beer but I'm not trying to make money on my labor time.

The brew stand is located in Corpus Christi, TX. I am in Houston frequently so delivery in that direction might be possible. I'm not considering shipping at this time due to concerns of damage as it wouldn't be easy to package in a way to protect it. Price is $1800 and is firm. I don't need to sell the stand but am starting another build and would like to see someone continue to produce fine beers on it.

Pictures show the stand in recent action completing a pumpkin ale.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412534192.248261.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412534215.750779.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412534233.005068.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412534249.958023.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412534263.743662.jpg

If you are interested in pumps and chiller the added costs will be $650. The pumps are Little Giant Mag Drive pumps and the outlet piping has Watts automatic float vents. The pumps don't have any issues circulating hot wort and I've never had any priming problems.

Ask any questions you may have that I didn't already cover.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Wish you would have posted this a week ago, i just ordered all the parts for a brutus 10 build. Except the stand.

Any interest in selling the stand only?

Lee

I'm not interesting in parting it out. Have you ordered all the gas side components already? The stand, burners, and control valves is the majority of the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have the BG14 burners, and have the Honeywell SV9520H8513 ordered.

Which valves are on the stand?

I would be happy to keep producing good beers on it for you! I wish I had the cash and that you would ship!

Hell, I just wish I had the cash! I can drive to corpus!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back