Springfield, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscott626

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have exactly 1 brew under my belt. A friend of mine bought a starter kit from Northern Brewer, used it twice, and decided it wasn't for him. I took it off his hands and brewed a batch of Caribou Slobber. It fermented for 4 weeks (no secondary) and it's been bottled for 4 weeks. I'm really surprised how much it improves each week. Followed the NB instructions closely, but learned a lot more by reading here after brew day and have a list of things I want to do differently.

Coincidentally, we have a new LHBS open in town. I paid them a visit today with NB's Chocolate Milk Stout recipe/instructions in hand and he got me everything I needed, so I'll be brewing that this weekend.

Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

HBT is the place to hang out if you want to experiment, plenty of good ideas. If you have any doubts or questions, be sure to post--you'll get lots of help.

Latest posts

Back