Spike Brewing Gas Manifold PRV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a PRV replacement option out there for these Gas Manifold Bundles from Spike Brewing?

1681237866595.png

We have a couple of these. The PRV on these are engraved that they release at 17 PSI. Ours typically start leaking air at 14-15 PSI. We're carbing a hefeweizen currently that I'd like to get the tank to 17PSI at 36F for ideal carbonation. I found a work around that I'm able to make it work but ultimately, I'd like to replace this PRV with one that maybe goes to 20 PSI.. Anyone know of such an item?

The spike ones likely use a 15 psi due to that being the working pressure that their conicals are rated for. So if you're going over that hopefully it's on a different fermenter.

Cheers!
Went and checked. It's the SSBT tank that says not to exceed 30 PSI. The Spike tank does not say that. Dropped it to 15 on the nose and trying to cool it below 36F to achieve what I'm after. We'll see.

Back