Somebody need to buy FedEx a map.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergolf

Reaction score
Maybe a good map will help them, because obviously their software is not working.

On Friday I ordered something, not beer related but for another one of my hobbies. I was sent tracking info on Friday. It left Georgia on Saturday evening, with an estimated delivery of Tuesday. I even got a phone call on Saturday with a message that I needed to be there to sign for the package. On Monday it arrived in Edison, New Jersey (about an hour and a half north of me). It left there on Monday night. So I arrange to work from home today so I can sign for the package. I just checked the tracking update and it says it is in Champaign, Illinois in transit. Which is a good 12-14 hour drive from here. DUH.

Champaign, Illinois is farther away than the Georgia location that it was originally shipped from.

Maybe my package can get frequent flier mileage.

FedEX buy a map.

Well if it was in Champaign ,Illinois as of 9:30 this morning, I seriously doubt that it will get to my house by this afternoon., which is the scheduled delivery date.

Just went looking for a package that tracking says was delivered. I don't find it. We got other things via FedEx as far as I know, but not what I am looking for. I wonder if it's buried in the truck and they will deliver it later once they get the stuff off of it.

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

Now this is what I get.., They have no clue where my lens is. If I am supposed to be there to sign for it. How can I plan if they have no clue when it is supposed to arrive?

Just went looking for a package that tracking says was delivered. I don't find it. We got other things via FedEx as far as I know, but not what I am looking for. I wonder if it's buried in the truck and they will deliver it later once they get the stuff off of it.
Had this happen recently, said it was delivered, but no sign of it. The next morning I found it half way across my yard. So technically it was delivered, but...WTF?

Just called FedEx.. They have no clue where my package is, but it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. So am I supposed to wait again for them?

Maybe it will show up.........

I get lots of stuff shipped in from all over the country by FedEx. Nothing has gotten lost yet, but sometimes it takes a little longer. They're not perfect, but at least they run better than the post office.

Not what you want to hear but stuff like this happens. I had a carpet get lost in the mail recently and it showed up at my doorstep 3 months later after I had already gotten a refund months before. We're talking about a 6x9 huge carpet here.

Al in all though the system they run is extremely complex. I work in Memphis at the airport which is Fedex's world shipping hub. Over 2 million packages get sorted there EVERY night. It's a big system that works pretty flawless except for rare situations like this.

I read a story the other day about UPS and how much gas they've saved by only making right turns.
guy makes a comment after the story, "that must be why they burn through gas so fast in NASCAR, it's all those left turns!!"

This is good.. FedEx called me back and said that it will be delivered tomorrow.The website shows that it just left Champaign,Il .(10:34pm) and the rep confirmed this, So if they cannot get it from Edison, NJ to me, which is close by and it was there yesterday, but she mentioned that it will be here tomorrow from Champaign !IL ....or maybe the next day. So am I expected to wait around for tomorrow or possibly another day to sign for this package?

Really. Come on FedEX get your act together.

In my case my laptop was not delivered. It says "delivered", but if I look more closely at the Dell information I can see that it's only talking about the MOUSE being delivered.

They should make it a little more clear about what is delivered and what is still being made.

At least fedex leaves it at your house. I think the driver here picks a random house in my tiny town and tosses it in the yard from the truck... I had 6 kegs arrive today, luckily I saw the fedex truck dump them at the house across the street and down the block so I retrieved them myself. Otherwise it is go to the city office the next day and pull it from the pile of dropped off packages that were at the wrong house. With only 100 or so houses in this town how hard can it be?

So FedEx has drop off locations at some grocery stores. This has happened to me twice and I'll never use this "convenient" service again. Drop off the package send the tracking info to the receiver and for 5 days it says it doesn't exist. Finally, it says it's in s town about 20 miles away. That was the day it was delivered.

My first job was for DHL during their short stint at domestic parcel services. Things get sorted wrong when you're dealing with 1000s of parcels a day at s small hub and the people sorting aren't getting paid much.

Maybe a good map will help them, because obviously their software is not working.

On Friday I ordered something, not beer related but for another one of my hobbies. I was sent tracking info on Friday. It left Georgia on Saturday evening, with an estimated delivery of Tuesday. I even got a phone call on Saturday with a message that I needed to be there to sign for the package. On Monday it arrived in Edison, New Jersey (about an hour and a half north of me). It left there on Monday night. So I arrange to work from home today so I can sign for the package. I just checked the tracking update and it says it is in Champaign, Illinois in transit. Which is a good 12-14 hour drive from here. DUH.

Champaign, Illinois is farther away than the Georgia location that it was originally shipped from.

Maybe my package can get frequent flier mileage.

FedEX buy a map.

I'm definitely in agreement with you . A few years ago I got a good deal on some pistol ammunition . I had no control over the shipping company (FedEx)and when I was tracking the package it said it had been delivered and gave a time. I checked the porch , checked the front yard...nothing. I even called their distribution center a few miles away and the lady told me it was left on a chair on the porch . I told her I had just looked there and saw nothing. 15 minutes later a lady pulls up in my driveway and says I think this is for you. Hands me the box which was fairly heavy . She asks what it is . I just said you really don't need to know. Her street name and address weren't even close to being a simple driver mistake. I called the distribution center back and got the same lady as before and chewed her ass out . I told HER what exactly was in the package and asked what would have happened if it got into the wrong hands. I got about a full 5 minute apology.

Latest posts

Back