• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California SoCal - Turnkey 10 gallon Direct Fire Brew System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just downsized to a 5 gallon RIMS system (due to space constraints) and am selling my trusty 10 gallon system.

I would really like to sell this complete and keep it essentially turnkey. It really has everything needed to make a batch start to finish.

- 3 converted keggles with stainless valves and welded adapters. Boil kettle also has a custom whirlpool adapter. All keggles have type K thermocouples with an included thermocouple reader.
- Stainless false bottom for mashtun
- 2 tier stand: Upper tier holds a 55,000 BTU turkey fryer burner and the HLT, bottom tier holds the mashtun and boil kettle. Those two share a 200,000 BTU banjo burner
- Includes 2 of the 55,000 BTU burner and the banjo burner
- Chugger pump with stainless head circulates wort, runs the whirlpool, and transfers to fermentor.
- Lauter grant made out of a water cooler, this really makes the lautering process easier
- All the hoses and stainless cam & groove fittings to make this setup easy to use and clean
- 14 gallon Blichmann conical with casters, tri-clamp fittings, and blowoff fittings
- A 2-door reach in fridge with STC-1000 temp controller for fermentation. This easily fits the conical plus at least 2 carboys. I used a small space heater for the hot side.
- 50' Stainless immersion chiller
- 2 glass carboys
- Some other misc. parts listed out in the craigslist ad

Full ad, pictures, and parts list can be found here: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/6190002601.html

Located in central San Diego. Public price is currently set at $1785, but I'd be happy to knock another 15% off and sell it for $1500 to a fellow HBT'er. Honestly, I hate seeing it sit there and want it in good hands so I'll consider any serious offers. Throwing in some homebrew in the offer certainly wouldn't hurt your chances.

20170520_124242.jpg

20170520_113615.jpg

20170520_113327.jpg

20170520_113357.jpg

20170520_113413.jpg

20170520_113627.jpg

20170520_154707.jpg

20170520_113451.jpg

Would still prefer to sell this complete (It really is a great do-all system) but realizing this might be tough, I'd be willing to split up into groups:

- Fermentation (Fridge, conical fermentor) - $700
- Keggles (all keggles, false bottom, hoses & fittings, lauter grant, thermocouples/reader, lid) - $550
- Stand (custom stand, pump, burners) - $650
- Complete Hot-side (Everything in "Keggles" and "Stand" group plus chiller) - $1100

I'll just add that this is all local pickup only.

Yes, i haven't tried it but the one conical fits comfortably within one half of it so it should fit 2 no problem.

Fermenter has sold.

Will now sell fridge by itself for $150.

Will sell remaining components for $1150.

Make sure to mention you saw the listing on HBT to get those prices.

Yeah, the only thing I've been able to sell was the fermenter. If you end up getting one though, that fridge was awesome for fermentation temp control, also made it super easy to gravity transfer to kegs.

Back